ADVERTISEMENT

Guys that have been here (this board) for years - beware of a few new last two weeks registered posters!

Eurocat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I just went through four threads and found posts by handles I have never seen before.

A check showed many are registered just recently. As in last week, or the week or two before.

Some are pro Fitz (a few, not many but a few) but many, seem very anti Fitz. In fact those posts seem to have almost a legalish elemant to their substance. " Well we will see in depostiions under oath what X has to say".

Beware guys that we are not being bombarded with posts from law firms here.

Not saying you have to be pro-Fitz. Nor is he some Saint who didn't make some mistakes. I don't know what went on, I wan't there. He has the guys in the Daily article saying bad things and an equal amount saying "nothing like that happened or if Fitz had known he would have ended it right then and there".

Just....check the "date registered, date of first post" for some people and think about why these people became huge Wildcat fans after a lawsuit was filed.

Hey, could be wrong or whatever! Just pointing something out!

Oh, and some could be Law Enforcement too!

I just went through four threads and found posts by handles I have never seen before.

A check showed many are registered just recently. As in last week, or the week or two before.

Some are pro Fitz (a few, not many but a few) but many, seem very anti Fitz. In fact those posts seem to have almost a legalish elemant to their substance. " Well we will see in depostiions under oath what X has to say".

Beware guys that we are not being bombarded with posts from law firms here.

Not saying you have to be pro-Fitz. Nor is he some Saint who didn't make some mistakes. I don't know what went on, I wan't there. He has the guys in the Daily article saying bad things and an equal amount saying "nothing like that happened or if Fitz had known he would have ended it right then and there".

Just....check the "date registered, date of first post" for some people and think about why these people became huge Wildcat fans after a lawsuit was filed.

Hey, could be wrong or whatever! Just pointing something out!

Oh, and some could be Law Enforcement too!
Eurocat, Thanks for the heads up. But as a practicing lawyer for over 40 years these new posts don’t sound like they are coming from actual lawyers. A real lawyer wouldn’t ask if Hank will be deposed. He/she would state that if this mess goes to the discovery stage before settling, Hank will probably be deposed based on the cited article or he will probably be deposed if one of the parties lists him as a witness with knowledge of the events.

Eurocat, Thanks for the heads up. But as a practicing lawyer for over 40 years these new posts don’t sound like they are coming from actual lawyers. A real lawyer wouldn’t ask if Hank will be deposed. He/she would state that if this mess goes to the discovery stage before settling, Hank will probably be deposed based on the cited article or he will probably be deposed if one of the parties lists him as a witness with knowledge of the events.

I think we are looking at different threads. I don't want to call anyone out by name, not gonna do it, just keep your eyes open for brand new posters with neutral Wildcat handles like "CatSuperfan123" (I just made that up as an example) registered in the past two weeks who seem to know more than the average person would about the law and how depositions work, lawsuits, etc.

I will be absolutely delighted if I am paranoid and wrong, but I don't think I am. I think there might be a mission on foot to browbeat us into defeatist "we might as just settle, we have no chance" thinking. Like I said, hope I am wrong, but don't think so.

There is clearly a schism between 90
Percent of the board who believe Fitz was railroaded and 10 percent who believe hes at fault for all of this.

We have a lot larger problems with society, in general, if the rantings of someone like me, with 0°K inside information, have any effect in a legal proceeding

I think we are looking at different threads. I don't want to call anyone out by name, not gonna do it, just keep your eyes open for brand new posters with neutral Wildcat handles like "CatSuperfan123" (I just made that up as an example) registered in the past two weeks who seem to know more than the average person would about the law and how depositions work, lawsuits, etc.

I will be absolutely delighted if I am paranoid and wrong, but I don't think I am. I think there might be a mission on foot to browbeat us into defeatist "we might as just settle, we have no chance" thinking. Like I said, hope I am wrong, but don't think so.
While I’m a big Shakespeare fan, the presence of lawyers on this Board is less relevant than the potential eyes of recruits and their parents have been for years. Nothing here will ever be used as evidence in a proceeding involving this scandal. You are more likely to be subpoenaed to testify in a case brought by me v yahoo than dragged into the growing litigation unless you are someone that would be drawn in regardless.

As a champion for the right to express any opinion or thought on this board, I’m troubled more by those thoughts expressed by certain posters that I feel reflect a knuckle dragged mentality. But it’s their right and I won’t advocate for their censorship.

In my experience, just as many are likely to be trolls from other schools just trying to pile on while pretending to be NU fans.
If they are really true long time college fans of teams like Michigan or Penn State or even national teams like Alabama then they would not have registered and started posting on rivals last week. Something else is at play here.

Reactions: phatcat
But it’s their right and I won’t advocate for their censorship.

I never said anything about bans or censorship, just pointing out some fans may be interested lawsuit/legal parties or law enforcement or media people, especially if they registered, say, last week with some pro-NU handle. "Wildcatfanforlife" - yeah, "for life", where were you superfan when we were in the Big Ten Championship game or in the bowl? Now I just made that handle up of course but you get the idea.

No bans, no censorship, just keep the radar ears up.

Law firms that sue people use the internet too.

lot of peole like to get on their bikes and chase the fire engine to the fire....and boy have we had a fire.

I never said anything about bans or censorship, just pointing out some fans may be interested lawsuit/legal parties or law enforcement or media people, especially if they registered, say, last week with some pro-NU handle. "Wildcatfanforlife" - yeah, "for life", where were you superfan when we were in the Big Ten Championship game or in the bowl? Now I just made that handle up of course but you get the idea.

No bans, no censorship, just keep the radar ears up.

Law firms that sue people use the internet too.

Oh I'm sure a lot of them are trolls. But this is an anonymous internet message board. Flaming and trolling is part of the fun. Most of us wouldn't do this in real life.

There is clearly a schism between 90
Percent of the board who believe Fitz was railroaded and 10 percent who believe hes at fault for all of this.
I think something was going on (and I'm troubled by reported incidents in other sports as well). You don't just up and fire an entrenched icon such as Fitz just for no reason. That said, I don't have any idea of the extent of it, how much Fitz knew, what the coaches did or didn't know, etc.). There's no way I could know these things unless I knew someone within the program whom I trusted to give me the straight dope. It's like the old saying that there usually are three versions of a divorce — his version, her version, and what actually happened.

If they are really true long time college fans of teams like Michigan or Penn State or even national teams like Alabama then they would not have registered and started posting on rivals last week. Something else is at play here.
Although unlikely (why bother?) They could be burner accounts

My personal opinion is Fitz’s job at NU was salvageable despite any and all revelations, but the way he and the university handled it led to where we are today.
I think you’re right. Or, someone had an agenda against Fitz and seized the moment. (I’m not saying that happened. I’m saying the way this whole this happened just doesn’t add up. We’re missing too many clues, unless the admin is just completely incompetent.) The easiest answer is that Fitz made it all or nothing by accepting no responsibility, Schill is clueless about sports and scared of media pressure from the left, and Gragg is just happy to get a paycheck from any school that expects nothing from him.

Winner.

I think he probably should have been fired, but the keystone kops routine and Mr Invisible hiding in Italy. Wow
I don't know enough to know who should have been fired, but the university leadership on this has been tragically incompetent. The way they threw Braun out there to take all the heat and do all of the communicating was criminal.

Leaders show up, take responsibility, take the heat, and offer clear guidance for the future. These guys have done none of that.

Love these “fans” that suddenly show up in crisis. Hey, they have been fans for years but never managed a single post relating to the in field performance of the team. Obvious ulterior motives from some.
Some people read, don’t post. And the way we treat each other around, I find it unsurprising.

Reactions: Ch23701 and phatcat
Love these “fans” that suddenly show up in crisis. Hey, they have been fans for years but never managed a single post relating to the in field performance of the team. Obvious ulterior motives from some.

Bingo. My point exactly.

Some people read, don’t post. And the way we treat each other around, I find it unsurprising.

LOL! Check out any board from the SEC, we treat each other with feathers compared to them (but they keep posting).

I just picked LSU at random - this is literally like the tenth post from the top - LOL - yeah we are sure rough here at Wildcat Report!

Hank also has habeus corpus in his favor. Pursuant to Article L the party of the first part whomsoever forthwith ex post facto.

So cops and lawyers are lurking here looking for "I think Fitz is innocent" posts?

• Haha
Reactions: ricko654321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT