ADVERTISEMENT

Hackenburg before Cook

Sorry, didn't come back until now.
I was defending Trump, don't know anything about Cook , except It isn't unusual for the second rung of QBS to go in the late third and early fourth RD.
The last MSU QB went in the fourth also, if I remember correctly.
I didn't think Cook was much better than Stave and Stave didn't get drafted at all.
Additionally, no team passes on a player because their dad called somebody a foreigner. LMAO.
Personally, I would not defend any of these candidates, especially on a football forum.

In the final analysis, Hack was a bad college quarterback, while Cook was a very good one. While winning games is not predictive of a good nfl career, playing quarterback well would seem to be a good indicator.

Have Hack and Cook switch places and Cook would have also struggled behind a porous line and Hack would likely have done a good bit better w/ the O-line and weapons at RB and WR that MSU had for most of Cook's collegiate career.

Granted, there are huge ? about Hack's ability to read defenses and how he performs under pressure, but at the same time, Hack played behind an awful O-line for 2 seasons, had to learn a new system, lost his best weapon at receiver (was playing w/ young receivers who made young receiver mistakes such as running the wrong routes) and most puzzling of all, had his new coaching staff alter his footwork when he threw (in the bowl game against BC in 2014, Hack purportedly went back to his old throwing stance and ended up passing for 371 yds).

Standardized completion % -

Cook - 63.1
Siemian - 62.0
Hackenberg - 57.9

Cook's isn't much better than Siemian's and Cook played behind a much better O-line, had better weapons around him and didn't have to deal with playing w/ a high ankle sprain for the better part of 2 seasons.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/sto...fl-draft-qb-prospects-carson-wentz-jared-goff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT