ADVERTISEMENT

Happily #9

Except for the deliriously dreamy Rose Bowl season, I think the last few years have been the happiest ones for me, as far as Northwestern goes. Mainly because I finally stopped living and dying with wins and losses, and now I'm better at seeing the overall big picture of the program, including how well our young men do off the field. Age puts things in perspective, I guess.

Surprised MSU would be last - other than last season they seem like they are always quietly solid. I would think Purdue or Rutgers would be worse

This is crazy to me. NU was a terribly underachieving team last year. Limped to a crappy 6-6 regular season record and won a bowl game over a team that lost its QB and RB early in the game. They did avoid what could have been a disaster after the embarrassing start but 2016 was not a good season

This is crazy to me. NU was a terribly underachieving team last year. Limped to a crappy 6-6 regular season record and won a bowl game over a team that lost its QB and RB early in the game. They did avoid what could have been a disaster after the embarrassing start but 2016 was not a good season
So basically NU fans have low standards

This is why NU fans can't have nice things.

Except for the deliriously dreamy Rose Bowl season, I think the last few years have been the happiest ones for me, as far as Northwestern goes. Mainly because I finally stopped living and dying with wins and losses, and now I'm better at seeing the overall big picture of the program, including how well our young men do off the field. Age puts things in perspective, I guess.
You mean the age of the "Cardiac Cats" is over? Are we unsuspectingly becoming Michigan fans, whereby we don't get excited unless we don't win the division, and then we become insane? I hope it isn't creeping Michiganism, but I can feel it in myself--a lull in my agitation when we win by only a point or two. I'm beginning to expect victory, and now that they happen more frequently on average, something seems missing. It must be that incredible adrenaline rush when we win the impossible victory, or don't quite. Expectations must now rise, to preserve the Cardiac Cat mystique, like the National Championship. And, what then?

You mean the age of the "Cardiac Cats" is over? Are we unsuspectingly becoming Michigan fans, whereby we don't get excited unless we don't win the division, and then we become insane? I hope it isn't creeping Michiganism, but I can feel it in myself--a lull in my agitation when we win by only a point or two. I'm beginning to expect victory, and now that they happen more frequently on average, something seems missing. It must be that incredible adrenaline rush when we win the impossible victory, or don't quite. Expectations must now rise, to preserve the Cardiac Cat mystique, like the National Championship. And, what then?
We become Notre Dame with delusions of grandeur years after we were truly relevant. ;)

Reactions: NJCat
I'm assuming you are a White Sox fan because they hate the Cubs more than they love the Sox, hence the Sox attendance.

Yes I am a Sox fan and there are a billion other reasons why the Sox attendance sucks compared to the Cubs, none of which have anything to do with their hatred of the Cubs

For record,, Peterman, the qb, was knocked out by a sack at the end of the third quarter and Conner played the whole first half (and was stopped cold at the goal line on the game's biggest play). Last I looked, injuries are part of the game. Guess you're not one of the happy fans. Ever check the history of this program?

Reactions: mickbula
I am quite happy as a NU fan. We won a bowl game against a highly favored rival. And we made history by getting to the NCAA tourney/won a game/and most likely would have made the final 4 if not for a screw up by the refs in a game against the #1 seed. As a 91' grad, I never saw/could have seen all the fun/success I would have rooting for my school. All icing on the cake/degree that I worked hard for. And you know what? Things are only looking better/more successful for just about every sport at NU in the future!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT