ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Bday TURK 182

Well, Turk, now that you can legally drink, maybe FloridAlum will pop for one? ;)

Reactions: Turk
Well, Turk, now that you can legally drink, maybe FloridAlum will pop for one? ;)
I dont really think he drinks much and I dont think he lives more than 5 miles away from me. Otherwise I would buy him a drink over at 2 georges or the bananaboat. I know he smokes, and plenty of it but its open air. Im not sure if he would ever pop for one but he loves free ones.

Reactions: No Chores
Calling him 182 is dumb until a lineman can wear the number
I wear that number. Originally, lets tailgate, figured 2 numbers but i wanted 3 due to the movie, ie., Turk 182.
I mean without 182 there wouldnt be a Turk since you have all these different things going on to try to bring it all together. So my jersey is Turk 182.

I wear that number. Originally, lets tailgate, figured 2 numbers but i wanted 3 due to the movie, ie., Turk 182.
I mean without 182 there wouldnt be a Turk since you have all these different things going on to try to bring it all together. So my jersey is Turk 182.
Haven’t seen it so I checked its reception summary on Wikipedia. Sounds like a tough watch:

Turk 182 was panned by critics. It holds a rating of 20% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 10 reviews.[7] Gene Siskel of the Chicago Tribunegave the film zero stars out of four, calling it "a laughably bad, offensive movie with holes in its story that you could drive a truck through."[8]

Patrick Goldstein of the Los Angeles Timeswrote, "Just why anyone thought this garbled, improbable saga of sweet revenge would captivate moviegoers' imaginations is a mystery that calls for a studio detective, not a critic ... Bob Clark's broad brush-strokes —which worked so well in his comedies— rob the picture of what little moral authority it might originally have had, turning its characters into sitcom-style bozos and giving the story all the emotional wallop of a light-beer commercial."[9]

Geoff Brown of The Monthly Film Bulletinwrote, "Clark's film lacks even the broad logic required of a wish-fulfillment fantasy, and skewers any conviction Timothy Hutton's aggrieved crusader might have by granting him the omnipresence and magic skills of Superman or Captain Marvel."[10]

Clay Warnick of The Washington Post was somewhat positive, writing, "The struggle is interesting not because the heroes are appealing, or because their cause seems particularly valid, but because of Robert Culp's expert performance as the villainous mayor of New York."[12]

It received two Golden Raspberry Award nominations for Worst Supporting Actor (Robert Urich) and Worst Musical Score.

Haven’t seen it so I checked its reception summary on Wikipedia. Sounds like a tough watch:

Turk 182 was panned by critics. It holds a rating of 20% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 10 reviews.[7] Gene Siskel of the Chicago Tribunegave the film zero stars out of four, calling it "a laughably bad, offensive movie with holes in its story that you could drive a truck through."[8]

Patrick Goldstein of the Los Angeles Timeswrote, "Just why anyone thought this garbled, improbable saga of sweet revenge would captivate moviegoers' imaginations is a mystery that calls for a studio detective, not a critic ... Bob Clark's broad brush-strokes —which worked so well in his comedies— rob the picture of what little moral authority it might originally have had, turning its characters into sitcom-style bozos and giving the story all the emotional wallop of a light-beer commercial."[9]

Geoff Brown of The Monthly Film Bulletinwrote, "Clark's film lacks even the broad logic required of a wish-fulfillment fantasy, and skewers any conviction Timothy Hutton's aggrieved crusader might have by granting him the omnipresence and magic skills of Superman or Captain Marvel."[10]

Clay Warnick of The Washington Post was somewhat positive, writing, "The struggle is interesting not because the heroes are appealing, or because their cause seems particularly valid, but because of Robert Culp's expert performance as the villainous mayor of New York."[12]

It received two Golden Raspberry Award nominations for Worst Supporting Actor (Robert Urich) and Worst Musical Score.
I thought it was pretty good. That and boondock saints.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT