ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh: +1

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Calls out the SEC as cheaters in his new book. Then there's this quote:

"Name another school that competes with the bluebloods athletically—we're talking Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson—while competing with the bluebloods academically: Stanford, Northwestern, Princeton," Michigan director of recruiting, Matt Dudek, said, per Arnold. "Most of the players we recruit are good enough to play for Alabama or Clemson and smart enough to play for Ivy League schools. If you don't win in the classroom on Monday, you won't be here for many Saturdays."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...dium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

I won't read the book. I am not sure what the standards of the SEC schools are but there was one astounding statistic that came out after the Outback Bowl against Auburn. I believe the SEC has tried to rectify the situation that I am about to describe.

NU's roster of 85 players eligible to play in the game came from a pool of 89 players over the 4-5 year period of possible participation. Auburn's 85 players came from a pool of about 160 players

The newspaper article concluded that there was no advantage for Auburn because the game went to overtime

Reactions: rmndcat
I won't read the book. I am not sure what the standards of the SEC schools are but there was one astounding statistic that came out after the Outback Bowl against Auburn. I believe the SEC has tried to rectify the situation that I am about to describe.

NU's roster of 85 players eligible to play in the game came from a pool of 89 players over the 4-5 year period of possible participation. Auburn's 85 players came from a pool of about 160 players

The newspaper article concluded that there was no advantage for Auburn because the game went to overtime
I think this is the statistic we were looking for in another thread in an effort to judge the true value of a recruit class.

Harbaugh's teams at Stanford were better than his Mich versions imho. He's making excuses at Mich for his lack of elite results it seems....

You would think that the highest paid coach in college football at $9M a year would have more pride in himself than to complain about the difficulty in recruiting against other schools. This looks exactly like an excuse for his sub par performance on the field and an attempt to save his job if this year turns out like the last four.

Except if he were wanting to cite an Ivy which excelled academically and in football, he could have said Penn, Harvard, Princeton or Yale. For years Princeton was the Northwestern (Dark Ages) of Ivy football, until recently.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT