ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh a Genius....

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
an EVIL genius.......over the last hour of ESPN Sports Center their has been major coverage of Michigan Spring Practice. Interviews, live video....Michigan LOVEFEST and this is during a quiet period in recruiting I believe. AND he is spinning it as "saving football" He believes football is in danger and he wants to show America that it can be a great way to change your life.......He embraces everyday....bla bla bla ....He in one day is telecasting the Michigan brand to the nation with out interruption or competition. Other than on NU sites was there one article or telecast on NU Spring Practice?
The other part of this is ESPN is in love with this guy....Their enthusiasm is off the charts...They could not say enough times that he was doing nothing illegal, they talked about how he did not over look any detail during practice on and on. ..I'm nauseated. But you couldn't buy this kind of publicity I am thinking he is a win no matter what kind of guy,,,do you think he will eventually implode ?.

an EVIL genius.......over the last hour of ESPN Sports Center their has been major coverage of Michigan Spring Practice. Interviews, live video....Michigan LOVEFEST and this is during a quiet period in recruiting I believe. AND he is spinning it as "saving football" He believes football is in danger and he wants to show America that it can be a great way to change your life.......He embraces everyday....bla bla bla ....He in one day is telecasting the Michigan brand to the nation with out interruption or competition. Other than on NU sites was there one article or telecast on NU Spring Practice?
The other part of this is ESPN is in love with this guy....Their enthusiasm is off the charts...They could not say enough times that he was doing nothing illegal, they talked about how he did not over look any detail during practice on and on. ..I'm nauseated. But you couldn't buy this kind of publicity I am thinking he is a win no matter what kind of guy,,,do you think he will eventually implode ?.

you have to give him credit but he seems to have a very short half life in past positions.

And not only is he talking to recruits during the dead period legally . But he is digging for gold in the richest mine in the country. He will end up with some of the most college ready talent in the country and develop a pipeline of talent from IMG Academy to Michigan. It was a extremely smart move on his part.

BTN covered the first day of NU's spring practice since apparently we started earlier than everyone else.

BTN covered the first day of NU's spring practice since apparently we started earlier than everyone else.
Hey, there you go, that's simpler and cheaper than taking the entire team to Florida. Did they have any palm trees in the West Lot?

Better a genius than a car salesman I guess. His tenure will be determined by not how smart or how good he is, but how long can people stand to be around him.

Better a genius than a car salesman I guess. His tenure will be determined by not how smart or how good he is, but how long can people stand to be around him.

That's been the party line, but he could have stayed at Stanford forever. He chose to leave for the 49ers and we have not heard a peep from Stanford that they were sick of him.

Now he's at Michigan, where he played, and he's a God there. If he wins big, he will be there forever. The only reason to leave would be money, but Michigan will match any offers.

Reactions: polecat
That's been the party line, but he could have stayed at Stanford forever. He chose to leave for the 49ers and we have not heard a peep from Stanford that they were sick of him.

Now he's at Michigan, where he played, and he's a God there. If he wins big, he will be there forever. The only reason to leave would be money, but Michigan will match any offers.

The reason to leave would be the right NFL offer after he became that God.

I seem to remember bad blood at Stanford and then the 49ers. Or was that just made up by his detractors?

Florida is prime recruiting ground. And IMG has 30 prime recruits every year. If running their practice at IMG yields a few prime players and also opens the door to other powerhouse school like St. Thomas Aquinas, then it was money well spent. This could yield them 6 or 7 blue chip players and a pipeline in the future Everyone is talking about it, look how many posts are on our site alone. IMG had 7 top recruits commit from its 2016 class. And had over 20 commit to power 5 programs. The 2017 class looks to be at the very least as good

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-25-high-school-st-thomas-aquinas-img-academy

Last edited:
Florida is prime recruiting ground. And IMG has 30 prime recruits every year. If running their practice at IMG yields a few prime players and also opens the door to other powerhouse school like St. Thomas Aquinas, then it was money well spent. This could yield them 6 or 7 blue chip players and a pipeline in the future Everyone is talking about it, look how many posts are on our site alone. IMG had 7 top recruits commit from its 2016 class. And had over 20 commit to power 5 programs. The 2017 class looks to be at the very least as good

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-25-high-school-st-thomas-aquinas-img-academy
I'm not saying you're wrong, but how is it possible to have 30 prime recruits every year? There are only 22 guys on a football team.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but how is it possible to have 30 prime recruits every year? There are only 22 guys on a football team.
The 2016 class and 2017 class has over 30 D1 offered players. The 2016 class had 19 sign their NLI. And there were at least 2 with offers who didn't sign, one a 4 star. The 2017 class is at least as good as the 2016. The 2018 is looking good too. Just because there are 22 starters means nothing. Jango was starting will backer. His back up was a 4 star and the other was a 2017 currently with offers. Every linebacker, starter and subs had D1 offers. Every running back ect

The 2016 class and 2017 class has over 30 D1 offered players. The 2016 class had 19 sign their NLI. And there were at least 2 with offers who didn't sign, one a 4 star. The 2017 class is at least as good as the 2016. The 2018 is looking good too. Just because there are 22 starters means nothing. Jango was starting will backer. His back up was a 4 star and the other was a 2017 currently with offers. Every linebacker, starter and subs had D1 offers. Every running back ect
Curious, did Fitz and NU start recruiting (or offer) Jango before he transferred to IMG? I don't see us involved with a lot of kids there, so I'm wondering if NU's interest in Jango pre-dated his transfer.

Curious, did Fitz and NU start recruiting (or offer) Jango before he transferred to IMG? I don't see us involved with a lot of kids there, so I'm wondering if NU's interest in Jango pre-dated his transfer.
Jango got offered by Wisconsin at IMG, a few days after NU offered him. Aranda came to IMG and watched Jango. Jango picked up 8 offers at IMG Academy . He also was offered by Yale and Harvard. Most the kids aren't academically eligible for NU

Jango got offered by Wisconsin at IMG, a few days after NU offered him. Aranda came to IMG and watched Jango. Jango picked up 8 offers at IMG Academy . He also was offered by Yale and Harvard. Most the kids aren't academically eligible for NU
Thanks. Just didn't know if Jango was already on NU's radar before he moved to IMG. I'm guessing the answer is yes.

Thanks. Just didn't know if Jango was already on NU's radar before he moved to IMG. I'm guessing the answer is yes.
I think he was on most teams radar before IMG, but IMG Academy has spring ball so schools could come check him out before the start of the season. And at spring ball he is going up against the top recruits in the nation. Then during the season we played the nations top teams and traveled to play some of them. Being at IMG answers many questions. How will a kid do first time away from home ? Can he focus on school and football , or will he party and slack ? Can he handle the pressure of a top academic and football schedule with almost no free time ? How will he do against top prospects, does he just loook good because the competition sucks ? And many more.

And not only is he talking to recruits during the dead period legally . But he is digging for gold in the richest mine in the country. He will end up with some of the most college ready talent in the country and develop a pipeline of talent from IMG Academy to Michigan. It was a extremely smart move on his part.
Enlighten me, just how is it possible to legally talk to recruits during the 'dead period"?

Actually I was incorrect on that. I had originally heard he would be able to talk with the recruits, that is false. They have two NCAA enforcers supervising the camp. The recruits will be able to go to the practices open to the public. I think Harbaugh did it to create buzz,, which it did. And to go down to better weather and practice outside, much like MLB has their spring ball in warm areas. And the players can work harder because they are also on vacation. Beautiful scenery , great food, ocean, and every peice of equipment known for training and for recovery. Plus the Gatorade sports science lab.

Last edited:
Oh my... the Gatorade sports science lab!!
You sure you aren't a Harvard Grad? The sports lab monitors your bodies need for hydration and different nutrition. Jango always had trouble with cramping and heat. When he got to IMG Academy I was worried about him dealing with 107 degree temperatures on the field since in cooler weather he had heat problem. The Gatorade sorts lab did numerous tests on him and found his problem and told him what he needed to do to eliminate the problems he had. In every game he played he never had a heat issue and never had the fatigue he experienced from dealing with the heat. Being able to maintain your same energy level throughout the whole game with no drop off or cramping is quite a big advantage. They also could measure his oxygen exchange levels and what his body needed in the way of nutrition to function most efficiently. Not having to worry about heat, dehydration, or energy drop while in a game has been a game changer for him.

You sure you aren't a Harvard Grad? The sports lab monitors your bodies need for hydration and different nutrition. Jango always had trouble with cramping and heat. When he got to IMG Academy I was worried about him dealing with 107 degree temperatures on the field since in cooler weather he had heat problem. The Gatorade sorts lab did numerous tests on him and found his problem and told him what he needed to do to eliminate the problems he had. In every game he played he never had a heat issue and never had the fatigue he experienced from dealing with the heat. Being able to maintain your same energy level throughout the whole game with no drop off or cramping is quite a big advantage. They also could measure his oxygen exchange levels and what his body needed in the way of nutrition to function most efficiently. Not having to worry about heat, dehydration, or energy drop while in a game has been a game changer for him.

Let me guess... the Gatorade Sports Science Lab recommended more Gatorade and hydration/nutrition to deal with the heat? Any chance they recommended and/or provided Gatorade products?

Let me guess... the Gatorade Sports Science Lab recommended more Gatorade and hydration/nutrition to deal with the heat? Any chance they recommended and/or provided Gatorade products?
They didn't recommend Gatorade at all. It dealt more with his diet more than anything.

it has electrolytes, which is better than water, which is, like, from the toilet

Looks like Harbaugh is now going after one of the favorite punching bags on this site...

Looks like Harbaugh is now going after one of the favorite punching bags on this site...
I was just about to link that also. My point was going to be more that this was the side of Harbaugh which has restricted his longevity at previous jobs. There is nothing barbed or negative about Jones' tweet. It really was a simple joke. Harbaugh's response came out of left field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT