ADVERTISEMENT

Hartage

That’s half the battle in the NFL. He looks great in the videos posted earlier today. Someone is going to draft a solid corner and special teamer.
He needed to take the bowl off to be at his best. I'm glad he did and we won anyway.

He took away receivers this season, great player and will be a long time NFL player if health stays.

He needed to take the bowl off to be at his best. I'm glad he did and we won anyway.
Yep. It’s just a damn shame he couldn’t finish the championship game against OSU.

If he plays the whole game I think we’d still lose (not enough offense), but it would have been a lot closer. And Haskins wouldn’t have set records on our D...

The scouting reports on him are pretty positive. He lacks top end straight line speed and needs to improve his run support, but he has natural coverage instincts and technique is sound. Durability and size should be a plus. If he does well at the Combine, I think he's a mid round pick.

Reactions: ricko654321
Another angle for that pick.

I gotta say also that Hartage covers his man like a glove on both of those plays. Mirroring his receiver move for move, shake for shake. He was great for us, but he looks even sharper here than I remember, but I guess that's because we don't always see what's going on in the TV cameras that are following the ball more than the one on one action we are seeing here.

I gotta say also that Hartage covers his man like a glove on both of those plays. Mirroring his receiver move for move, shake for shake. He was great for us, but he looks even sharper here than I remember, but I guess that's because we don't always see what's going on in the TV cameras that are following the ball more than the one on one action we are seeing here.

NU doesn’t play much man on D.

If he keeps going like this, he'll probably get an invitation to next weekend's more prestigious Senior Bowl game where he would join Clayton Thorson. Every year a couple of the better performers at the East West Shrine game get last minute invites to the Senior Bowl.

I don’t see why he can’t become an all-pro. He’s faster than Richard Sherman albeit a little smaller.

Wow there, hold your horses. A long way to go before we have any basis to talk about all pro level play. I think he’ll perform well in the post season, get drafted and have a chance at being a good NFL player. We’ll see what happens.

They love him. They think he is a possibility to be a top hundred pick. Thanks for posting. It's fun listen.

If he keeps going like this, he'll probably get an invitation to next weekend's more prestigious Senior Bowl game where he would join Clayton Thorson. Every year a couple of the better performers at the East West Shrine game get last minute invites to the Senior Bowl.
Do they play two? I thought you just got one invite.

Do they play two? I thought you just got one invite.

I am not sure I understand the question. To the best of my knowledge, there are no limitations, other than practical considerations, that limit the amount of post season all star games a prospect can play in.

I am not sure I understand the question. To the best of my knowledge, there are no limitations, other than practical considerations, that limit the amount of post season all star games a prospect can play in.
Are there cases of guys playing in one and then getting invited to another based on their performance? Logistics would likely make this as pretty difficult I would think.

Are there cases of guys playing in one and then getting invited to another based on their performance? Logistics would likely make this as pretty difficult I would think.

Yes, happens pretty much every that a couple of players from the East West get invited last minute to Senior Bowl based on performance.

Last edited:
DiNardo about as complimentary as he could be of Hartage in the BTN East-West coverage this evening.

Game is starting in a few minutes at 2pm cst for those of you like me who are going through football withdrawal.

Shrine highlights.

1:12 mark for Hartage.

And as a bonus, here's a Montre highlight compilation.

Nice video. Montre reminds me a lot of Sherrick McManis. He just has a nose for the ball.

Also note that the highlight video was made by Parrker Westphal.

I agree with that comparison. Very similar to Sherrick.

Through out his whole career he played so close to the receiver that I was always thinking he would get called for interference. Some how he had a knack for being in the receiver's bubble with out crossing the line. He would look back for the ball just enough, make a play on the ball just enough, put his body or arm on the receivers body just enough to harass but not "interfere".
Combination of athletics and coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT