ADVERTISEMENT

Hate pulling for the SEC over BIG

TheC

May 29, 2001
... but I'm loving watching Kentucky thump Ped State so far. PSU is the only BIG team I root against in the bowls.

Reactions: RevCat
Iowa-Miss St starting to look like our game in reverse. MSU scores first 13 out of the break to grab the lead.

Reactions: NUCat320
... but I'm loving watching Kentucky thump Ped State so far. PSU is the only BIG team I root against in the bowls.

It’s 10-7, not exactly a thumping. I root for the Big ten all the way. PSU will win this.

Iowa-Miss St starting to look like our game in reverse. MSU scores first 13 out of the break to grab the lead.

MSU is not Northwestern. If Stanley keeps it together, Iowa should win this one. At least I hope so.

Reactions: mikewebb68
None of the players or coaches currently at Penn State had anything to do with the Ped State stuff. So you aren't rooting for Michigan State either, I take it.

I agree. I’m pulling for PSU. I’ve known the starting center for PSU since he was born. He and his family family are quality people. No reason to fault them for something that happened before they became part of PSU.

None of the players or coaches currently at Penn State had anything to do with the Ped State stuff. So you aren't rooting for Michigan State either, I take it.
Its not really the current players and coaches that I root against. Its the entire Penn State football community. They never accepted responsibility for the culture they created that deified a scumbag like Paterno and his program to the point where he could cover up a coach who molested children for multiple years in their own frickin' locker room. Worse still, they denied and defended it. If ever there was a situation that required the death penalty in college football, that was it. And yet all they got was a slap on the wrist. I don't see what happened at Michigan STate to be the same from my understanding of it.

Its not really the current players and coaches that I root against. Its the entire Penn State football community. They never accepted responsibility for the culture they created that deified a scumbag like Paterno and his program to the point where he could cover up a coach who molested children for multiple years in their own frickin' locker room. Worse still, they denied and defended it. If ever there was a situation that required the death penalty in college football, that was it. And yet all they got was a slap on the wrist. I don't see what happened at Michigan STate to be the same from my understanding of it.
Agree w u re Ped State, but MSU (not pedophile doctor but rapist players covered up by Dantonio) is just as bad

McSorely is out for PSU. I think he must have read my post and just couldn't play for them anymore.

Reactions: NUCat320
Nice win for Iowa over a ranked team. That should help us move up in the polls too.
Yep, and maybe 2 of our opponents will finish ranked now. Utah and Iowa should finish around 23-24.

We should be around 20-21 in both polls or higher.

Dilemma : Root for B1G to finish bowl season strong or root for Ped State and OSU....

The much maligned BIG WEST is now 4-1 in the bowls while the mighty EAST is 1-2, soon to be 1-3 if Penn State loses. So much for the great superiority of that division, save for Ohio State.

The guy at MSU apparently raped dozens of girls over a period of many years, was reported at times, and yet nothing was done about it. You don't see any similarity there? Maybe we are operating under different systems of logic. Most Penn State people I know are class acts and don't like what went on any better than anyone else. And if you believe other colleges don't attempt to cover up scandals, good luck with that. I've noticed the huge penalties imposed on North Carolina for their blatant academic fraud, which actually comes more under the purview of the NCAA than criminal activities. A Baylor basketball coach tried to cover up a murder a few years back. Believe what you want. It's your right and no skin off my nose.

The much maligned BIG WEST is now 4-1 in the bowls while the mighty EAST is 1-2, soon to be 1-3 if Penn State loses. So much for the great superiority of that division, save for Ohio State.

If I am not mistaken the East has yet to win, MSU and MI both lost, 0-2, about to be 0-3.

Yep, and maybe 2 of our opponents will finish ranked now. Utah and Iowa should finish around 23-24.

We should be around 20-21 in both polls or higher.

UM, OSU and ND will also finish ranked...certainly played UM competitively and ND more competitively than some other ranked teams. That said, agree with estimate ranking in low 20s.

PSU getting spanked now, they are going to lose. Who loses to KY? Not the Cats, that’s for sure :)

UM, OSU and ND will also finish ranked...certainly played UM competitively and ND more competitively than some other ranked teams. That said, agree with estimate ranking in low 20s.
Whoops yeah, I meant ranked wins instead of just opponents.

The guy at MSU apparently raped dozens of girls over a period of many years, was reported at times, and yet nothing was done about it. You don't see any similarity there? Maybe we are operating under different systems of logic. Most Penn State people I know are class acts and don't like what went on any better than anyone else. And if you believe other colleges don't attempt to cover up scandals, good luck with that. I've noticed the huge penalties imposed on North Carolina for their blatant academic fraud, which actually comes more under the purview of the NCAA than criminal activities. A Baylor basketball coach tried to cover up a murder a few years back. Believe what you want. It's your right and no skin off my nose.

I don’t doubt that the people you know are class acts, but they clearly aren’t representative of the fan base. Being a fellow Pennsylvanian I’m sure you’re aware of the organization Penn Staters For Responsible Stewardship, a group that’s exists solely for the purpose of rejecting the notion that anyone at Penn State did anything wrong and that the sanctions were warranted. Since the scandal not a single alumni trustee has been elected by the alums to the Board without this group’s endorsement. Until that changes I will continue to root against Penn State. Nothing has changed with respect to the twisted culture of Penn State’s fans.

Last edited:
This is much like the 3rd quarter of our game last night, PSU just dominating on both sides of he ball.

Terrible call IMO by Franklin to go for the FG. I get your defense is playing well but still, you are in the red zone, can get a first down or TD, and can get the go ahead. With a FG they had to ensure they would 1) get the ball back AND 2) get into FG or TD scoring range again. Again, he takes the ball out of McSorley’s hands on a 4th down like the OSU game and they are going to lose.

Coaching choke by Franklin and a disgrace to not allow Mcsorley to try to get the winning score on that drive. That was like an anti-Fitz (from the last 2 years) move.

Terrible call IMO by Franklin to go for the FG. I get your defense is playing well but still, you are in the red zone, can get a first down or TD, and can get the go ahead. With a FG they had to ensure they would 1) get the ball back AND 2) get into FG or TD scoring range again. Again, he takes the ball out of McSorley’s hands on a 4th down like the OSU game and they are going to lose.
That was a real head scratcher. Even if they don't convert on 4th down, they're still only down by six, with three timeouts left. Not sure what the field goal really does in that spot. But at least they got the ball back with one second on the clock...

Reactions: Gladeskat
As far as the Penn State scandal there is no doubt that they (and Baylor and MSU) should have gotten the death penalty. All of those fit lack of instutional control. The only way you change bad behavior like that is to hit the university where it feels it. That being said this group of Penn State players were not involved in that regime. I don’t like Franklin because he is a douchebag but don’t have an abject hate of the current Penn State team

Truth. Squared

Reactions: NorthNJCatsfan
I don’t doubt that the people you know are class acts, but they clearly aren’t representative of the fan base. Being a fellow Pennsylvanian I’m sure you’re aware of the organization Penn Staters For Responsible Stewardship, a group that’s exists solely for the purpose of rejecting the notion that anyone at Penn State did anything wrong and that the sanctions were warranted. Since the scandal not a single alumni trustee has been elected by the alums to the Board without this group’s endorsement. Until that changes I will continue to root against Penn State. Nothing has changed with respect to the twisted culture of Penn State’s fans.

Preach it brother. Total state of denial.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT