ADVERTISEMENT

Have any season ticket holders ever had their tickets revoked?

RazzmaChas

Jul 3, 2010
I'm curious about something. I received this email today (as I'm sure a lot of you did) and it talks about "reselling any TICKETS within their account for profit" if you request additional tickets. That clause seems firmly pointed towards the brokers that have a large number of season tickets that you see on StubHub and other sites each week. I'm assuming these same brokers are also using their STH privileges to buy additional tickets. Does anyone know if the ticket office has ever actually done anything to enforce this? Wouldn't this be a good way to displace these brokers' season tickets and move actual NU fans into those better seats?

"Thank you for your continued support of Northwestern Football. The 2016 season offers an exciting home schedule, including a matchup with Nebraska on September 24th. As a season ticket holder, you have the first opportunity to purchase additional tickets for this marquee matchup. The 'Cats also travel to Ohio State for the first time since 2007. We anticipate great demand for home and away tickets and want to ensure Wildcat season ticket holders have priority access.

At this time Northwestern Athletics invites season ticket holders to submit requests for additional home and away game tickets. As a reminder, priority access to away game tickets is determined by Purple Pointswithin Wildcat Fund giving levels (i.e. Wildcat Legends, Wildcat Champions, etc.).

Please note that season ticket holders that request and purchase additional game tickets are prohibited from reselling ANY TICKETS within their account for profit. Failure to comply can result in the voiding of single-game tickets, season tickets and/or loss of ticket purchasing privileges for future Northwestern events. No refunds, exchanges or cancellations will be issued."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT