ADVERTISEMENT

Hazing scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, the investigation was made public. Why was the investigation made public if absolutely none of the details are?
How would you handle this situation? I think it's pretty standard procedure.

An additional theory. What if this hazing scand Al was a distraction the entire season and affected the on field results as well? Yes, I’m aware that we had plenty of reasons to do badly this year but 1-11 is beyond even most of the dark ages years. Of course we don’t know when the hazing actually happened but I thought hazing was usually preseason type stuff.

An additional theory. What if this hazing scand Al was a distraction the entire season and affected the on field results as well? Yes, I’m aware that we had plenty of reasons to do badly this year but 1-11 is beyond even most of the dark ages years. Of course we don’t know when the hazing actually happened but I thought hazing was usually preseason type stuff.
I think we just stink. Recruiting misses, poor coaching and overall player development. If I remember correctly 2021 looked more like a team that "mailed it in" i.e. the Wisconsin game when their freshman running back said something to the effect we did not want to tackle.

If so it must of happened after the Nebraska game. Perhaps while overseas? Who knows. All bad speculation.

If so it must of happened after the Nebraska game. Perhaps while overseas? Who knows. All bad speculation.
Agree I should not speculate but that’s what message boards are for! And we already know there was a hazing incident so I’m not starting any new rumor. Things went really downhill after Ireland though. I know that win was a bit of a paper tiger because Nebraska turned out to be pretty bad, but to be unable to pull it together to win even one more game after that, seems even beyond our talent deficiency because that’s always a factor.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Agree I should not speculate but that’s what message boards are for! And we already know there was a hazing incident so I’m not starting any new rumor. Things went really downhill after Ireland though. I know that win was a bit of a paper tiger because Nebraska turned out to be pretty bad, but to be unable to pull it together to win even one more game after that, seems even beyond our talent deficiency because that’s always a factor.
I understand. Just want it to be cleared up in the most judicious manner possible.

How would you handle this situation?
I’d say, we didn’t do it, but if we did do it, we weren’t aware we were doing it, and even if we were aware we were doing it, it’s Ohio State’s fault, and if it isn’t Ohio State’s fault, it’s Michigan’s fault because we never trusted those guys in the first place.

—apologies to Jackie Mason.

Damn, you shouldn't have posted about this on the free board. If it remained only on the paid board, it would still be a secret.
Hmmm I got notifications about it several times, probably due to me being in here frequently. Much ado about nothing I think(hope). This whole thing cropping up leaves me to wonder if some folks are trying to find a way to get rid of Fitz via some clause in the contract, etc. An attempted coup if you will. Trying to stoke a forest fire from a tiny camp fire.

Last edited:
Hmmm I got notifications about it several times, probably due to me being in here frequently. Much ado about nothing I think(hope). This whole thing cropping up leaves me to wonder if some folks are trying to find a way to get rid of Fitz via some clause in the contract, etc. An attempted coup if you will. Trying to stoke a forest fire from a tiny camp fire.

No

Reactions: Alaskawildkat

OK, GCG, since you (and probably a few others here) seem to know something, let me just ask you this way: we're not going to find out a darned thing about this for a long time (if ever), right? Or is it "big" enough that it actually might make the media and we all will find out about it? It hasn't made the media yet in any detail, so I'm guessing it won't.

OK, GCG, since you (and probably a few others here) seem to know something, let me just ask you this way: we're not going to find out a darned thing about this for a long time (if ever), right? Or is it "big" enough that it actually might make the media and we all will find out about it? It hasn't made the media yet in any detail, so I'm guessing it won't.

I don’t suspect anything interesting to ever come out based on what I know.

Then it was just a slow news day and a few media outlets wanted to get a controversy going. A total waste of space.

I mean… yes and no. The University has a policy that all hazing accusations have to be investigated, not entirely sure a press release was warranted but suppose it was more “control the narrative” than anything else. While it is ultimately a big nothingburger either way, it would cast the school and program in a much worse light if the public learned of it from a reporter than from an official release.

I mean… yes and no. The University has a policy that all hazing accusations have to be investigated, not entirely sure a press release was warranted but suppose it was more “control the narrative” than anything else. While it is ultimately a big nothingburger either way, it would cast the school and program in a much worse light if the public learned of it from a reporter than from an official release.
Public Relations.

The university did the right thing, but I received messages related to this from 4-5 internet sports news outlets over a few days. ESPN was the first. The last one tried to make it look like the alumni and school officials were really pissed. That is where I was starting to think it was a half assed scheme to bring down Fitz. The story is rather mild.

The university did the right thing, but I received messages related to this from 4-5 internet sports news outlets over a few days. ESPN was the first. The last one tried to make it look like the alumni and school officials were really pissed. That is where I was starting to think it was a half assed scheme to bring down Fitz. The story is rather mild.

Were there any details at all in any of those early messages you got? Any clue what kind of hazing happened?

Were there any details at all in any of those early messages you got? Any clue what kind of hazing happened?
No,it just mentioned hazing in general, no names, or specific incidents mentioned, and that alumni and school officials were concerned or angry. That is why I thought it might just be bulls@#$, or something to nail Fitz on.

No,it just mentioned hazing in general, no names, or specific incidents mentioned, and that alumni and school officials were concerned or angry. That is why I thought it might just be bulls@#$, or something to nail Fitz on.
Based on that, sounds like it.

"Hazing" has a broad range of possibilities. It could be anything from somebody got tagged with a nickname they didn't like to something violent or sexual. Seems to me if it were really repugnant some detail would have leaked out.

I believe there should be reparations for Fraternity hazing in the 1960"s. In woke culture, much of this is way overblown. Consider the treatment of Iraqi soldiers by American military.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT