ADVERTISEMENT

Holiday Bowl Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
The final Game Day -3 is upon us. Hoping Santa saved a little something purple in his sack....

Cats 27
Utes 23

May we all have a Happy New Year!

Us 24
Them 17

Was going the other way around until Teddy G. was all in on the Utes...

Neither team scores 20.

The game takes less than 3:00.

For the first time ever, Northwestern has the drunkest fan base.

Weezer (“Ride or Die”) slays on New Year’s Rockin’ Eve.

Whillock forces a fumble that McGee recovers.

Cam Green removes his November invisibility cloak and leads the team in receptions.

The broadcasters dignify “Fitz to the Pack” rumors but somehow ignore “Whittingham to the Cardinals” chatter (you heard it here first!).

(Side note: Born in 1959, is Whittingham the first person ever named “Kyle”?)

Cats 17, Utes 13 - Thorson runs in the decisive touchdown on fourth and goal.

Seems like it should be a low scoring game given the strengths of the two teams.

I think it'll go exactly the same as the Iowa game; both teams will have chances to take the lead throughout in a tight contest with lots of punting:

Northwestern 14
Utah 10

I dunno. Rooting for the home team. What’s interesting is that both fan bases seem, from their message boards anyway, to be virtually unanimous in believing that their team will win. I guess B1G and PAC 12 don’t often intersect and so don’t really have a basis for comparison. Go ‘Cats !

PS Although I’m a B1G fan, I can never root for OSU and won’t be pulling for them tomorrow. OSU = SEC.

Reactions: zeek55
I dunno. Rooting for the home team. What’s interesting is that both fan bases seem, from their message boards anyway, to be virtually unanimous in believing that their team will win. I guess B1G and PAC 12 don’t often intersect and so don’t really have a basis for comparison. Go ‘Cats !

PS Although I’m a B1G fan, I can never root for OSU and won’t be pulling for them tomorrow. OSU = SEC.
It's a toss up game between 2 very similar teams with stout defenses that have both faced significant injuries on offense at various points in the season.

At that point, you just assume your team will come through in a tight game; plenty of reasons for both sides to be confident going into this game.

Reactions: eastbaycat99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT