ADVERTISEMENT

Holiday Bowl ticket sales/turnout?

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
I’ve heard nothing. I’m going with a group of about 12 (bought on the secondary market, not through NU). Utah is expecting to send 10,000+, based on local reports; they sold out their allotment and went back for more. On one hand, our fantastic turnout in Indy may depress some of the normal bowl turnout among our fans, I’d guess.

On the other hand, we have a pretty large west coast fanbase & haven’t been out there for a postseason game since the 96 Rose Bowl. I was at the Cal game several years back & we probably had about 5k in Berkeley for that season opener. Anyone have any insight?

FWIW I’d guess we’ll have 6-8k. We had 13k+ in Nashville last year & ~20k in Indy, as points of reference. For some reason, it feels like there’s a bit of a post B1G championship game hangover/letdown around here. Hope the team is hyped and ready!

I’ve heard nothing. I’m going with a group of about 12 (bought on the secondary market, not through NU). Utah is expecting to send 10,000+, based on local reports; they sold out their allotment and went back for more. On one hand, our fantastic turnout in Indy may depress some of the normal bowl turnout among our fans, I’d guess.

On the other hand, we have a pretty large west coast fanbase & haven’t been out there for a postseason game since the 96 Rose Bowl. I was at the Cal game several years back & we probably had about 5k in Berkeley for that season opener. Anyone have any insight?

FWIW I’d guess we’ll have 6-8k. We had 13k+ in Nashville last year & ~20k in Indy, as points of reference. For some reason, it feels like there’s a bit of a post B1G championship game hangover/letdown around here. Hope the team is hyped and ready!
10k is my guess

At previous bowl games I always had the feeling I was surrounded by many thousands on NU fans. Saw them everywhere on the streets. But I think fans are so spread out among hotels that it is tough to tell how many are here. I'm in the team hotel, and even there it doesn't seem like that many NU fans are around yet. I don't think I've seen a Utah fan yet. anywhere.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
At previous bowl games I always had the feeling I was surrounded by many thousands on NU fans. Saw them everywhere on the streets. But I think fans are so spread out among hotels that it is tough to tell how many are here. I'm in the team hotel, and even there it doesn't seem like that many NU fans are around yet. I don't think I've seen a Utah fan yet. anywhere.
FWIW the ticket folks confirmed that we sold out our allocation, and that the allocation size was 6k.

I’ve seen a pretty even mix of both NU and Utah fans thus far.

FWIW the ticket folks confirmed that we sold out our allocation, and that the allocation size was 6k.

I’ve seen a pretty even mix of both NU and Utah fans thus far.
Yeah good to hear we sold out the allotment. Especially good to hear that after we sent 20k to Indianapolis.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT