ADVERTISEMENT

How would you compare Thorson’s

GreenBayCat

Apr 25, 2005
Safety with the 1998 game breaker @ Iowa when Gavin Hoffman was called for intentional grounding in the end zone?

I think it compares to the election of 1876, Rutherford Hayes somehow "won" the Presidency despite being outpolled by Samuel J Tilden, and had a 184 - 165 lead in the Electoral College, when 20 disputed votes were inexplicably awarded to Hayes. As part of this arrangement, Union forces left the South, ending Reconstruction.

In other words, it just didn't end very well.

Only thing I can remember about that is that Hoffman was a Rs Fr, while Thorson is a Rs Jr.

I think it compares to the election of 1876, Rutherford Hayes somehow "won" the Presidency despite being outpolled by Samuel J Tilden, and had a 184 - 165 lead in the Electoral College, when 20 disputed votes were inexplicably awarded to Hayes. As part of this arrangement, Union forces left the South, ending Reconstruction.

In other words, it just didn't end very well.
Yes, that was a bad ending that served up “Rutherfraud” B. Hayes.

As to the safeties, both were game enders. Hoffman’s led to a rule change. I suspect Thorson’s won’t inspire much more than a message board debate.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT