ADVERTISEMENT

I cannot complain about how long the QB change took

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
If you look at Hilinski's first 2 games, he lit up the stat sheet and looked good. The next two, he was erratic but still showed flashes. PSU was horrible, but in bad weather. The wheels came off v Wisconsin and he came out and stayed out (possibly due to injury).

Anyway, to me, it wasn't crystal clear to take him out until they did.

If you look at Hilinski's first 2 games, he lit up the stat sheet and looked good. The next two, he was erratic but still showed flashes. PSU was horrible, but in bad weather. The wheels came off v Wisconsin and he came out and stayed out (possibly due to injury).

Anyway, to me, it wasn't crystal clear to take him out until they did.
That may be true, but by the time it becomes "crystal clear" it is definitely too late.
The coaches get paid well to realize these things before the fans.

That may be true, but by the time it becomes "crystal clear" it is definitely too late.
Hilinski was probably going to get a shot no matter what. Running QBs take a lot of punishment.

He might even be getting another shot this season.

Reactions: Titanium999
Well, they would be the first coaches my memory to be so prescient. I can’t think of a time when fans were shocked by a starting QB change because the coach saw something the fans didn't. When all is said and done, game performance dictates the necessity of change.

Well, they would be the first coaches my memory to be so prescient. I can’t think of a time when fans were shocked by a starting QB change because the coach saw something the fans didn't. When all is said and done, game performance dictates the necessity of change.
Most people on here were calling for Sullivan long ago.
I can say that as soon as I saw Sullivan play in one game I knew he was better than Hilinski.

Hilinski has a stronger arm. Thats it.

Reactions: MotownMedilldo
Most people on here were calling for Sullivan long ago.
I can say that as soon as I saw Sullivan play in one game I knew he was better than Hilinski.

Hilinski has a stronger arm. Thats it.

Have you considered some sort of professional coaching career? Not sure if you’d be better suited for football or basketball though. 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: Rebel II and DaCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT