ADVERTISEMENT

I don't seem to remember lingering Miss State, Auburn, et al threads

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
months and months and months after we played them in a bowl.

There is a percentage of NU fans here that is >0 that were, let's say, dissatisfied with the results of the bowl, and having to look at that Longhorn orange from TU every few days just reminds me of it. People that have beaten us before in bowls (not Miss State) didn't stay around to pi$$ on our graves. Fun fact - every team but one that we've played in bowls since 1949 has beaten us. What your team did is not that great.

Some of my NU brethren may be more conciliatory and "we welcome the discourse". Whatever. Some of us don't.

Dude, let the past go. I'm not bringing it up. Della's not bringing it up. In fact, you are the only one bringing it up.

Let's focus on 2016. I'm here because I enjoy talking football with some bright folks from another good conference.

p.s. Intentionally calling Tennessee "TU" and saying "longhorn orange"...classy. I'm sure you're one of those who complain when others use the misnomer NW...so why do it yourself? [not rhetorical; I'd really like to know why]

Yeah I don't think they're really bothering anyone at all

Their fans on twitter are another story.

There is a percentage of NU fans here that is >0 that were, let's say, dissatisfied with the results of the bowl, and having to look at that Longhorn orange from TU every few days just reminds me of it. People that have beaten us before in bowls (not Miss State) didn't stay around to pi$$ on our graves. Fun fact - every team but one that we've played in bowls since 1949 has beaten us. What your team did is not that great.

Some of my NU brethren may be more conciliatory and "we welcome the discourse". Whatever. Some of us don't.
Stop your whining and bellyaching. Their fans that are still here are intelligent, respectful and interesting to hear from. It's not their fault that our offense sucked in the bowl game and our defense ended up getting steamrolled. That's on Fitz, the coaches and players. UT had some jackass "fans" posting here around the time of the game, but the ones remaining are classy and respectful. I like hearing from them, and they do an excellent job of representing the UT program in a positive way.

I welcome the UT fans. They are nice and give some good perspective.

UT fans are welcome here. The more the merrier.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Thanks, Beetle. Kind words.
Thanks. Good luck this season. Strange to say that UT may now be my "favorite" team in the SEC (or at least the one I'll follow most closely), though that doesn't say much. That QB of yours is fun to watch and should have an even better season this year.

Thanks. Good luck this season. Strange to say that UT may now be my "favorite" team in the SEC (or at least the one I'll follow most closely), though that doesn't say much. I enjoy your contributions to our board.

It's funny the ways that long-distance fan-friendships can develop. I know for sure that I'll be cheering for NU in every single game you guys play this year. I would certainly love to see you win the West and then the B10.

Before I got to know you guys and gals, I probably would've named Nebraska my favorite team in your conference. That's no longer true, though I still like Nebraska and their fans.

:salute:

Stop your whining and bellyaching. Their fans that are still here are intelligent, respectful and interesting to hear from. It's not their fault that our offense sucked in the bowl game and our defense ended up getting steamrolled. That's on Fitz, the coaches and players. UT had some jackass "fans" posting here around the time of the game, but the ones remaining are classy and respectful. I like hearing from them, and they do an excellent job of representing the UT program in a positive way.

I completely agree

PS I will bet you a nickel that around the time of the bowl game there were more posts from Tennessee people deleted and more of them banned than you realize. We tossed out a lot of garbage.

Reactions: rmndcat
I completely agree

PS I will bet you a nickel that around the time of the bowl game there were more posts from Tennessee people deleted and more of them banned than you realize. We tossed out a lot of garbage.
Also wonder just how nice these folks would be after we beat them in a bowl game.

The Vols that have stuck around have been pretty harmless, mostly engaging in actual football discussions rather than coming by to rub a true woodshed beating in our faces. I didn't think the long discussion of Butch Jones' handling the media was best had on an NU football forum, but it's not like it was offensive.

phatcat...the UT folks who have stuck around have been nothing but gracious and encouraging about our program and have hardly been gloating about their own. Personally, I've enjoyed their participation, as all-NU, all-the-time board results in a loss of perspective. I've found their input smart, kind and encouraging. What's put a bee in your bonnet?

I'd be bothered if there were persistent trolls showing up (I am talking about you, Drooski). But Della and VLF are thoughtful and generally positive about our program. I am happy to have them in the conversation.

The title of this thread "I don't seem to remember lingering Miss State, Auburn, et al .." had a lot more promise than the actual OP. Because I was kind of expecting some intellectual discussions, and photos even, on Miss State, Miss Auburn, Miss Tennessee... what a letdown. And I also welcome the lingering Vol posters here because of the different perspective they are able to provide. I just pass off phatcat's OP comments as him having a cranky old man moment.

phatcat...the UT folks who have stuck around have been nothing but gracious and encouraging about our program and have hardly been gloating about their own. Personally, I've enjoyed their participation, as all-NU, all-the-time board results in a loss of perspective. I've found their input smart, kind and encouraging. What's put a bee in your bonnet?
+1

Reactions: rmndcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT