ADVERTISEMENT

I really think Jordan Ash deserves to start! We need a two guard lineup!

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
Mac is our best guard, but we need 20-25 minutes at least from Ash! This is the third time in two weeks, Ash has been clutch down the stretch and we won. Georgia Tech and Illinois games also. We need his quickness on defense and passing ability on offense. Good team win today. Falzon and Gaines are first two guys off the bench.

Mac is our best guard, but we need 20-25 minutes at least from Ash! This is the third time in two weeks, Ash has been clutch down the stretch and we won. Georgia Tech and Illinois games also. We need his quickness on defense and passing ability on offense. Good team win today. Falzon and Gaines are first two guys off the bench.
We went to a 3 guard lineup today. Falzon needs to start over the regressing Skelly though. Skelly needs to be around 10 minutes max, if he doesn't foul out. Not that Falzon is great but we do play better with him starting since he gives us a shooters look, even though he shoots gooseggs a lot now, like today. Ofer.

But I'm not going to argue with you about Ash. He is playing good ball. You may be on to something roni. Many laughed at your comments about Ash but he looks like he belongs.

We went to a 3 guard lineup today. Falzon needs to start over the regressing Skelly though. Skelly needs to be around 10 minutes max, if he doesn't foul out. Not that Falzon is great but we do play better with him starting since he gives us a shooters look, even though he shoots gooseggs a lot now, like today. Ofer.

But I'm not going to argue with you about Ash. He is playing good ball. You may be on to something roni. Many laughed at your comments about Ash but he looks like he belongs.
Thanks Turk! Ash played Strus man to man on the last play and forced Cain to take that layup! Great call by CC! Ash is 6:3 and a solid 205 with great balance and stamina! We are playing very athletic teams and need his speed! Especially on defense! I want Ash and Mac to each get 25 minutes a game at least. I want Brown out there at least ten to fifteen minutes also. We need more speed!

Reactions: mickbula
Thanks Turk! Ash played Strus man to man on the last play and forced Cain to take that layup! Great call by CC! Ash is 6:3 and a solid 205 with great balance and stamina! We are playing very athletic teams and need his speed! Especially on defense! I want Ash and Mac to each get 25 minutes a game at least. I want Brown out there at least ten to fifteen minutes also. We need more speed!
Didn't Ash hit a critical three pointer that kept us in the game/at least close when nobody else for us could hit a shot?!!

Didn't Ash hit a critical three pointer that kept us in the game/at least close when nobody else for us could hit a shot?!!
Yes! Plus he had a steal for layup and had two rebounds in last three minutes. Ash was fouled when he got the rebound with 35 seconds left,but ref erroneously called a jump ball! Ash will be starting soon! Falzon and Skelly can’t play defense at the level of Ash! I like Falzon but he needs to get set on defense and work on his conditioning! You will see more Brown going forward! He is in excellent shape! Our big guys need more rest.

Last edited:
Yes! Plus he had a steal for layup and had two rebounds in last three minutes. Ash was fouled when he got the rebound with 35 seconds left,but ref erroneously calleda jump ball! Ash will be starting soon! Falzon and Skelly can’t play defense at the level of Ash! I like Falzon but he needs to get set on defense and work on his conditioning! You will see more Brown going forward! He is in excellent shape! Our big guys need more rest.
I think your point rings well true! I think your smaller lineup is what won the game for us against the Illini!! We had Brown and Ash out there for almost the entire overtime. They played pretty well too- on O and D! It would be an unorthodox lineup- but one that certainly should be experimented with by CC in critical circumstances like that- not just out of desperation!

Yes! I think Brown needs to play more. He is getting open looks on offense and is playing better defense. You can’t have a three guard lineup,so Brown needs 10-20 minutes a game from Mac and Ash. By playing a two guard lineup you have 80 minutes for three guys. I would go with 30 for Mac and Ash and 15-20 for Brown. Gaines is playing too much and is turning the ball over too much. Give Gaines 10-15 minutes.

Yes! I think Brown needs to play more. He is getting open looks on offense and is playing better defense. You can’t have a three guard lineup,so Brown needs 10-20 minutes a game from Mac and Ash. By playing a two guard lineup you have 80 minutes for three guys. I would go with 30 for Mac and Ash and 15-20 for Brown. Gaines is playing too much and is turning the ball over too much. Give Gaines 10-15 minutes.

Gosh- all this talk about guards is totally spot on, but what we also really need is for Bryant to find his stroke again- and soon! His confidence back too! He missed the shot vs Purdue that would have sent the game into overtime. Then, at DEpaul, he wasn't even close to looking like his first three dominant years at NU! What the heck is wrong with him? Did his girlfriend break up with him or something?? Sure- it would be great if Ash, Brown, Gaines etc continue to play well and get better, but what needs to be done with BMac to get him back on track? If we want to make it to the big dance, we MUST HAVE BMAC back!! Is he hurt? I wish it was that easy like a mild ankle sprain? His body language after the Purdue game was really disconcerting. I just think he needs to review some tape of old games when he played like Chris Paul/Magic Johnson/etc etc.. Come on Bryant! You are a great player- find the glory again!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT