ADVERTISEMENT

I worked for Northwestern Football for four seasons. Ask me anything.

Ok, I still don’t know why these players are expected to take the mantle of defending the program. I eish the same as you, all facts to come out for better or worse.
Not expected but definitely circumstantial evidence. Unless you don’t believe in circumstantial evidence. If so, I can think of another big name defendant that should his criminal problems dissipate.

Clearly the administration can’t properly set one foot in front of the other without stumbling. Fitz has been dethroned. No defense from either is worth much at this point.

The current and former players and their hazing actions are what’s in question and only they are capable of self-policing and clearing the air. They all need to look into the mirror and figure out what matters to them. The ones left can restore the program with whoever the new coaches are.

And if Fitz is exonerated and wants to come back, I’m sure there’s a role for him somewhere in the program.
We both know he is never coming back under any circumstances. The real question now is how badly does NU really want to play in the big time athletic

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
I think Schill is more of a gigantic dope. He, like Gagg (sic) was an emergency replacement, albeit for a different reason. The difference is, he ran a large university with a top level athletic dept, so he has no "experience" excuse.

The record is very clear that University of Oregon was one of the premier track and field and cross country programs in America when Schill became president of that school. The head coach, Robert Johnson (a black man), had led the program to 14 national titles in 10 years, after serving as an assistant for 7 years. He oversaw both the men's and women's programs.

Despite that success, Oregon did not renew his contract in 2022.

"Johnson came under scrutiny in October 2021 when a report by The Oregonian/OregonLive in Portland quoted several former female Oregon track and field athletes who accused the coach of weight shaming and for his use of DEXA scans, a medical imaging device that measures bone density and body fat percentage."

In this case Schill did not negotiate with the popular coach, and simply let Johnson's contract expire in June 2022, then took a job with Northwestern in August without giving a statement as to why Johnson wasn't being retained.

In this case Schill did not negotiate with the popular coach, and simply let Johnson's contract expire in June 2022, then took a job with Northwestern in August without giving a statement as to why Johnson wasn't being retained.
Honest question: isn't it that the job of the AD and not the school president?

Reactions: IGNORE2
Honest question: isn't it that the job of the AD and not the school president?
I'm not sure. This is the only statement put forward by Oregon.

"The University of Oregon announced today that the contract of head track and field and cross country coach Robert Johnson will not be renewed. His contract is slated to expire on June 30. Associate head coach Helen Lehman-Winters will serve as the interim head coach. A national search for a new leader for the Oregon track and field and cross country programs is underway."

Schill and the AD dodged the media and Schill skipped town.

https://around.uoregon.edu/sites/de...ge/president_schill_800x450.jpg?itok=S09H32dP

Thanks for sharing. Listened to your podcast. Putting the team aside for a moment, its great to hear from you young people. I'm an old dude and we may not have a lot of things in common, but as an NU alum, its really nice to get a sense for some of the amazing young folks in our NU family, like you two. As a parent I find it downright heartwarming. Really appreciate your wisdom, your sense of humor, your self awareness, and your initiative. I wish I had had any one of those qualities at your age!

Thank you from Kiara and Lena! We really appreciate the warm reception on this board, the questions, the compliments, and the feedback. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT