ADVERTISEMENT

ICYMI: Safety Austin Hiller is NU's 3rd commit of week

Welcome to NU! The defense is really shaping up well for the future.

More good news. From what I see on tape, Hiller enjoys playing the game, is always around the ball, has very good speed for a guy his size, and hits hard - a great safety prospect. Welcome to NU, Austin!

His tape did look good and Texas is known for good competition. He seems pretty tall for the secondary. I wonder if he is still growing? and if that will change anything for him position wise?

His tape did look good and Texas is known for good competition. He seems pretty tall for the secondary. I wonder if he is still growing? and if that will change anything for him position wise?

He looks a lot like Brian Peters to me, a bigger safety who could well grow into a Sam.

He looks a lot like Brian Peters to me, a bigger safety who could well grow into a Sam.

That's what I think as well. The thing I look for in a safety is their hitting ability. Hiller likes to hit people and should, at least, be very helpful on special teams. Guys like Kent and Hiller are guys you bring in and figure out where to play them later. I like this verbal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT