ADVERTISEMENT

IF we were to win our bowl and IF by 12pts or less

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
We would be an 8 win team with a negative point differential. That's gotta be extremely rare, at least at P5. Our 2015 team won 10 with a barely positive differential.

I could see like a MAC team absorbing 3 non con beatings then winning 8 conf games.

Just a statistical oddity

Yeah you get those with teams that win close games but then get blown out by the Michigans/Ohio States/Alabamas/Georgias of the world.

I'm sure the SEC has a bunch of teams like that historically. Can find a lot of close wins but then when you face a loaded CFP contender, it won't be fun.

Haven't gone back to check, but I'm sure Maryland/Indiana/Rutgers have been dealing with that the past decade where those lopsided blowouts can make the point differential look much worse.

The 2015 team, which went 10-3, had 254 points for vs. 242 points against. Pretty darn close (aided tremendously by a 41-0 blowout of EIU).

Negative margin v. FBS

Just win baby.

November 2023 has been Josh Dobbs’ best month as a football player since obliterating the Cats in that bowl game. (Oops, he was only a junior for that game. And wasn’t that good in the game. But it’s fun to hear about his gigantic brain in an NFL context too.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT