ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois is a legit threat to win the division

Both of these team are bad. Northwestern should have its way with them.

Reactions: NUChicago
Well sport, let's just see how much of a threat they are to win the west division.

First, they already have one out of conference loss and their remaining out of conference games are back to back MSU and Michigan. I may be a little off, but I don't think they will win either one of those games, especially after watching tonight's game. But let's be generous and say they split the MSU/Michigan games. That would give them 2 out of conference Big 10 losses

Then we have the minor inconvenience of their in-conference schedule. That includes Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Purdue. It's possible for a 2 loss team to win the west, but they would have to sweep the west to end up with just 2 losses. Looking at their remaining schedule, my ancient and addled brain somehow comes up with the idea that Illinois will probably ring up at least 4 Big 10 losses. That my friend, will not come close to winning the west!

However, to make you feel better, each yeaar, they seem to be getting better, they are a tougher out today, than they have been, Chase Brown is the real deal, and the defense, both ways, is vastly improved. But still . . . .

Reactions: drewjin
They have two big playmakers (both holdovers from Lovie Smith) in Brown and Williams and Devito from Syracuse looks decent at qb. Defense is salty, but they only got pressure with blitzes and the offensive line isn't up to Bert's Wisconsin standards. Should have won that game, but......

Well, so far this board has NU beating Penn State, Purdue, and Illinois. Also predicting we win out our OOC games. That puts NU at 7 wins. Can we get any more wins before any more games are played?

Well, so far this board has NU beating Penn State, Purdue, and Illinois. Also predicting we win out our OOC games. That puts NU at 7 wins. Can we get any more wins before any more games are played?
Don't think any of us would go that far.

We've lost to Duke 3 straight times when we've had arguably better teams than them.

Nobody is counting wins, just pointing out that they're winnable games.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Don't think any of us would go that far.

We've lost to Duke 3 straight times when we've had arguably better teams than them.

Nobody is counting wins, just pointing out that they're winnable games.
I neglected the /S. However, I believe, people are counting wins, and Wrassler is their leader. He's already got us in the B1G championship. (/S)

Last edited:
Reactions: zeek55
I'm sitting at 6 wins, to be reviewed after Puke game

As usual you extrapolate conclusions that no one has made. Saying these teams look nothing special and beatable does not mean that any NU fan with half a brain and any sort of memory believes for certain that NU will beat them.

As usual you extrapolate conclusions that no one has made. Saying these teams look nothing special and beatable does not mean that any NU fan with half a brain and any sort of memory believes for certain that NU will beat them.
Oh for Pete's sake. That's much of what we do on this board, count wins before they happen. Get a grip, it's a joke. Did I name names? "Corbi said we are gonna beat the shorts off Penn State." No he didn't.

Oh for Pete's sake. That's much of what we do on this board, count wins before they happen. Get a grip, it's a joke. Did I name names? "Corbi said we are gonna beat the shorts off Penn State." No he didn't.
Corbi would never say that.
Corbi said NU was going to win with smart, complementary football. He expects timely blitzes and a clock-milking fourth quarter against PSU.

Corbi would never say that.
Corbi said NU was going to win with smart, complementary football. He expects timely blitzes and a clock-milking fourth quarter against PSU.
He did? Corbi is paying close attention to our team this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT