ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois

He isn't going anywhere. Loves it here, loves the AD, and we will pay whatever it takes to make sure he stays. However, I'm certain we will be losing coordinators to head coaching gigs.
Yeah, Bielema is the very definition of loyalty. Google it.

• Haha
Reactions: AdamOnFirst
This is it. If he wins the West 2-3 years in a row while others flounder, he could attract blue blood money, but Ill will pay up. I believe he learned his lesson at Ark.

Also 10 years as stated above, as a limit, is a LONG time in this era. If he stays 10 years and wins, say, 85 games, he will have transformed a long suffering program into a consistent winner, like, say, Iowa
The West will not exist in 2-3 years, with the corollary of that being that programs trying to play rock fight football against all the other rock fight teams hidden in our protected little old school football cloister (Iowa, Wisconsin, NU) will no longer be able to achieve success once exposed to the broader world of the Big Ten.

Yeah, Bielema is the very definition of loyalty. Google it.

Spend a few minutes diving into his bio following his departure from Arkansas. People change. It is obvious to the Illinois fans that have followed his journey that his time in the NFL, becoming a father, etc has had an impact on him and how he views life and his career. He isn't the same guy that left Wisconsin.

He isn't going anywhere. Loves it here, loves the AD, and we will pay whatever it takes to make sure he stays. However, I'm certain we will be losing coordinators to head coaching gigs.
But HCBB played for the Hawks & is an Iowa alum.
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Reactions: all4theillini
And grew up in Illinois as an Illini fan; plenty of factors play into where a coach decides to stay. Given his age, coaching history and trajectory at Illinois, my personal bet is that he stays.
If Ferentz retires in the next couple years I bet Bielema would be at or near the top of the list and I’m sure he would give it very strong consideration.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT