ADVERTISEMENT

I'm pretty pumped about Falzon and Kopp

Medill90

Jan 30, 2011
Aaron knocking down a couple threes and Kopp now looks to have confidence in his shooting. Both (ducking at my computer) play decent defense.

Two very nice weapons who I hope will open some space for Taylor on the perimeter.

I suspect that Gaines is doing exactly what Collins wants in taking it to the rim. I didn't love the full court drive but he pressed the action. The attempted dunk was really fun....the young man is a force. Did anyone see Collins' reaction to either.

IMO, AJ gets better and better. Really a gem.

Reactions: drewjin
Aaron knocking down a couple threes and Kopp now looks to have confidence in his shooting. Both (ducking at my computer) play decent defense.

Two very nice weapons who I hope will open some space for Taylor on the perimeter.

I suspect that Gaines is doing exactly what Collins wants in taking it to the rim. I didn't love the full court drive but he pressed the action. The attempted dunk was really fun....the young man is a force. Did anyone see Collins' reaction to either.

Yes, NU is improving as the season progresses. Couldn’t say that last season. Big measuring stick on Friday.

I thought Falzon looked quick!

I agree. Very encouraging. If he can hit close to 40% of his threes it will make our team very dangerous

Reactions: IGNORE2
Let's see how they do Friday when they aren't playing against air. CSU was pretty feeble.

True. But he's been out two months, only practiced 2-3 times according to CCC, went into a live game in front of humans and knocked down two threes.

I'll take it with three days of practice before the next game.

True. But he's been out two months, only practiced 2-3 times according to CCC, went into a live game in front of humans and knocked down two threes.

I'll take it with three days of practice before the next game.
I agree with you, he lloked good for his first game back. But sinking 3's with a 40 point lead is about as much like a shoot around as it gets. I'm not expecting much from him until January.

Yes, NU is improving as the season progresses. Couldn’t say that last season. Big measuring stick on Friday.
It is fair to say that leadership (whether defined as CCC, his staff, or the since-departed senior backcourt players) failed last season. That team was ready to quit in February.

It is fair to say that leadership (whether defined as CCC, his staff, or the since-departed senior backcourt players) failed last season. That team was ready to quit in February.

Who do you feel was to blame for that, 320?

Geez, he identifies a crowd and you want to pick another fight. Take another nap Va. No game til Friday.

Stalking me again ;)

You just broke forum rule #3 again, bob. Thank goodness for forum rules!! Lol

Last edited:
I was cheering as much as anyone when Falzone came into the game in the last 6 minutes, but lets be realistic. He is just now getting a chance to see the floor. He missed his first two shots, but everyone on the team was excited to get him some points and kept feeding him the ball, and to his credit he knocked down the next two shots. Good for him. Let him get into the games and knock off the rust and lets see how he can do. Glad he is back.

Look, Falzon is a very, very dangerous three point shooter. His touch is rare.

No, he can't go 10 minutes at a time right now. But when he's fresh and gets his feet under him, his shot is a dangerous weapon that teams cannot ignore. I'm loving Miller Kopp's game and don't like to compare....they have different games...but a Tom Izzo will pay a lot more attention to Falzon behind the three point line than Kopp.

With that said, CCC talked about how there's a rotation now and it'll be a challenge to work him in. Not really sure who you sit for a few minutes....Taylor?

I'm a bit worried about how the tight rotation will affect next years team. Benson will have to start....perhaps Nance....they need minutes.

Want to add that Falzon is an academic senior. Fourth year in the program. That's huge in terms of on court presence and knowledge. He's settled in mentally in a manner that underclassmen are not.

Stalking me again ;)

You just broke forum rule #3 again, bob. Thank goodness for forum rules!! Lol

No, I didn’t. Perhaps you are overly sensitive.

And I read many threads so if that constitutes stalking, then you and the rest around here are stalked.

Please feel free to plead your case about any rule violation to the mods, let us know how that works out for you ;)

Meanwhile, stop provoking people. Cheers!

VERY excited to see Falzon rise from the DL. I wish him better health and a record-setting season. He's paid the dues.

Reactions: Medill90
Want to add that Falzon is an academic senior. Fourth year in the program. That's huge in terms of on court presence and knowledge. He's settled in mentally in a manner that underclassmen are not.

I thought that during the few minutes he played, falzon demonstrated superior spacing and movement to get open shots, rebounds and passes. I was actually quitesurprised by his movement eithout the ball, to the point it actually made me question why the other players are not as active or crisp. On more than one occasion there were several players who made lazy cuts, or no cuts that it almost looked like a bad IM game at patton....

Gotta get that fixed to make any kind of serious run through the big ten schedule

No, I didn’t. Perhaps you are overly sensitive.

*shrug* I asked a basketball related question, and you attacked me with something completely unrelated. You’re the loon that wanted rules so badly. But I guess some people can’t put their money where their mouth is. ;)

Rules, Bob, rules!!

I thought that during the few minutes he played, falzon demonstrated superior spacing and movement to get open shots, rebounds and passes. I was actually quitesurprised by his movement eithout the ball, to the point it actually made me question why the other players are not as active or crisp. On more than one occasion there were several players who made lazy cuts, or no cuts that it almost looked like a bad IM game at patton....

Gotta get that fixed to make any kind of serious run through the big ten schedule

How was the D? Didn’t see the game and would love to hear Falzon showed something on the defensive side too.

*shrug* I asked a basketball related question, and you attacked me with something completely unrelated. You’re the loon that wanted rules so badly. But I guess some people can’t put their money where their mouth is. ;)

Rules, Bob, rules!!

So, what did the mods say?

How was the D? Didn’t see the game and would love to hear Falzon showed something on the defensive side too.

Surprisingly, he actually looked better on defense than on offense. Looked quicker than normal and never lost his assignment. But it was Chicago State, though; we'll know more when he has a chance to play against better competition. Don't know if he will play much vs.Oklahoma with only a few practices and limited minutes in one game under his belt...

No, he can't go 10 minutes at a time right now. But when he's fresh and gets his feet under him, his shot is a dangerous weapon that teams cannot ignore. I'm loving Miller Kopp's game and don't like to compare....they have different games...but a Tom Izzo will pay a lot more attention to Falzon behind the three point line than Kopp.

With that said, CCC talked about how there's a rotation now and it'll be a challenge to work him in. Not really sure who you sit for a few minutes....Taylor?

I'm a bit worried about how the tight rotation will affect next years team. Benson will have to start....perhaps Nance....they need minutes.

Taylor needs to pick it up or I could see his minutes dropping. His defense leaves much to be desired, especially against weaker competition. I think he has incredible potential to be a top contributor to this team, but I'd like to see what consistent max effort looks like.

Man, Medill, I hope you and the others prove prescient with your Falzon optimism. As one of the few Falzon skeptics here, I've still yet to appreciate the things that are causing this fairly universal optimism about his game. No doubt this reflects more on me than on him, but I couldn't be more anxious to see him break out like gangbusters and prove me completely wrong. Absolutely wish him the best, but personally, I'm still waiting to be won over. o_O

Look, Falzon didn't miss a shot tonight.

If the rest of the team could avoid misses we'd be undefeated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT