ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana’s offense

I will go with No Chores on the spread. I sure hope Cam is 100%, as relying solely on Lausch would be rather risky at this point. If we do pull off this upset, it will be one of the greatest victories if not the greatest win post 2018. Indiana thus far is a machine.

Reactions: No Chores
I will go with No Chores on the spread. I sure hope Cam is 100%, as relying solely on Lausch would be rather risky at this point. If we do pull off this upset, it will be one of the greatest victories if not the greatest win post 2018. Indiana thus far is a machine.
The line might go down when the sports books learn that I will be in attendance. I was present for 3 NU wins last season and no losses. Go 'Cats!

Let’s just stay by the Rolling Rock tent all day. No sense in going into a non competitive clash.
If it is non competitive, it will be a foreboding sign for the rest of the season and beyond. No bowl could go either way for recruiting. Players might come thinking they might have a shot at starting ASAP, or they won't come to a program in flux. If the season is a lost cause after a few more losses, I would like to see what Boe can do if Lausch doesn't improve as the season progresses.

If it is non competitive, it will be a foreboding sign for the rest of the season and beyond. No bowl could go either way for recruiting. Players might come thinking they might have a shot at starting ASAP, or they won't come to a program in flux. If the season is a lost cause after a few more losses, I would like to see what Boe can do if Lausch doesn't improve as the season progresses.
I haven’t given up hope for this team.

IU hasn’t won at NU since ‘93. I fully expect a good game.

NU’s O will have its hands full with this IU D. They beat up MD qb Edwards all day, consistently whipping the MD OL.

The IU O had their first 4 TO’s of the season yesterday and the IU D stood pretty stout, despite giving up 28…one a double tipped ball Td catch, another a ref aided 75 yard TD run (go watch the highlights of great block by the ref to spring the MD back). I’m sure NU’s d will give some looks, like MD did, to try and slow this high powered O down.

Bummed I can’t be there. Have lots of friends from both schools going to be there.

Last edited:
Sagarin has us something like 7 pt dogs. EPI looks like it’s about 10. Indiana is good, but so is the Cats defense and it’s not like they’ve exactly proven anything vs murder’s row, ours is the best defense they’ve faced by far.

Wow. Amazing stat. 9-0 in that stretch at Ryan Field.
Many of them head scratchers from this poster’s standpoint. I’ll never forget the week after NU’s big OSU win, the ‘Cats doinked FG to force OT in ‘04, a game IU led most of the way, followed by Baz’s desperation back pedaling TD throw amongst 4 Hoosiers in, I think, OT #2, saying afterwards he thought it was 4th down so he just threw it up!!

Or, in ‘07, when IU in control late 2nd qtr, only for Lynch to inexplicably put in Ben Chappell for 1 play, subbing out Kellen Lewis for no reason. Chappell threw to the right flat for an NU pick 6, totally changing the momentum of the game. Cats win close one, again.

Finally, the worst…in ‘09, IU gets up 28-3 in first half. In total control. Late-3rd quarter, with NU having cut it to 28-15, I believe, Lynch forgoes a FG near the goal line. NU keeps IU out of the end zone. Cats come all the way back. IU barely misses a 60-yard FG for the win.

Hope to have no such drama next Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT