ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana irritated at Big Ten over Citrus Bowl snub

Ole Miss was a much tougher draw than Auburn. Kiffin is a really good offensive coach.
Auburn beat them at Ole Miss so I don't know about that and Mississippi has their NFL bound d-lineman opted out for this game. If Indiana loses, this will be an embarrassment especially after they flapped their gums about their bowl placement.

I think we would beat IU by a TD or more with Penix at QB. They really have no sense for how good of a defense we have and how we have shut down offenses that were as explosive or more explosive than theirs. They did not beat one team with a winning record this year. I have no idea how good Ole Miss is but if they are halfway decent I think Indiana is setting themselves up to have a lot of egg on their face today.
Especially since they do not have Penix. Sorry but without him, pretty pedestrian team and not warranting a higher pick

Auburn beat them at Ole Miss so I don't know about that and Mississippi has their NFL bound d-lineman opted out for this game. If Indiana loses, this will be an embarrassment especially after they flapped their gums about their bowl placement.
And Auburn actually has a winning record, even after they lost to us. So again more sour grapes from the Hosers.

Don't forget that without Penix they aren't really the team that was able to go 6-1 and I am not sure that as things played out that they really beat anyone
That's the other factor. Knowing they were missing Penix, hard to justify weighing them the same without him...

Citrus probably did take that into account.

CFP certainly did.

Last edited:
They did not beat anyone with a winning record and they are without Penix. System may be f****d up but they are not a good example. Want respect, win the d**n game in front of you
How many times are you going to post the same thing? Also, you are wrong. They beat Wisconsin who finished the year 4-3 (a winning record).

They did us all a favor taking off the Big Ten patch. They look like fools losing to a mediocre Ole Miss team.
Their D was given high marks all year but it was based on turnovers more than just solid D, Without the TOs, it is pretty average

Reactions: zeek55
How many times are you going to post the same thing? Also, you are wrong. They beat Wisconsin who finished the year 4-3 (a winning record).
Indy deserves it. They are embarrassing the league. Say it again h!

Reactions: hdhntr1
I was looking at 3-3 but it apparently did not include the bowl game. You are right WIS did end with a winning record. So that gives us one more victory over a team with a winning record. Point is that IU did not deserve a higher slot in bowl pecking order. And if you are going to get slotted against a team with a losing record, you better win the d**n game if you are going to complain about being slighted

Yeah that loss is for sure the end of this. Next time they're in a bowl game, they should put their heads down and focus on ending their 3 decade bowl winless streak. Not on whether they deserve a better bowl.

This is a bad loss at the end of one of their best seasons of all time; threw away an Outback Bowl that they were 7 point favorites in and that would have been the capstone on an all-time great season for them.

Auburn had a winning SEC season & a winning season overall. Ole Miss did not. IU b*tched and lost. They had a nice season, but we are clearly a better team. Would have been rooting pretty hard for them today until their stupid stunt, which kinda makes me glad NU asserted itself as the second best team in our league. Our resume is so much more impressive than theirs.

Auburn had a winning SEC season & a winning season overall. Ole Miss did not. IU b*tched and lost. They had a nice season, but we are clearly a better team. Would have been rooting pretty hard for them today until their stupid stunt, which kinda makes me glad NU asserted itself as the second best team in our league. Our resume is so much more impressive than theirs.

Give Kiffin credit. He had the Rebels ready to go. The Tigers clearly were not well prepared/taking the game seriously.

IU had a tougher matchup than we did.

Reactions: Catmosphere
The ACC has an auto bid to the Orange Bowl that goes to the highest non-playoff team in the CFB playoff rankings

Thanks for the link and I stand corrected regarding UNC (all three of Florida, Georgia and ISU getting in was still whack).

That being said, it’s ridiculous that the Orange Bowl is still obligated to take the #3 ACC team if two teams qualify for the playoff AND there are higher ranked candidates from other conferences in the at large pool.

I’m guessing the BIG didn’t have a back up option this year because the Rose Bowl was a designated semifinal. Most seasons the conference sends a combined three to the NY6/playoff, whereas this year only the one was invited...which makes me think the committee ranked squads with an axe to grind against the BIG for starting late.

Last edited:
Give Kiffin credit. He had the Rebels ready to go. The Tigers clearly were not well prepared/taking the game seriously.

IU had a tougher matchup than we did.

No, they did not have a tougher matchup than we did. I'm tired of this crap about SEC teams losing because "they didn't take the game seriously." Then forfeit the damn game if you don't want to play.

No, they did not have a tougher matchup than we did. I'm tired of this crap about SEC teams losing because "they didn't take the game seriously." Then forfeit the damn game if you don't want to play.

Let’s agree to disagree. Auburn beat Ole Miss in a very close game. Ole Miss is in year one of a new HC. Auburn was being coached by an interim staff.

I think it’s reasonable to assume Ole Miss was better prepared than Auburn. Keep in mind Ole Miss have Bama it’s toughest game. Lane Kiffin is going to do well there. Perfect spot for him.

Let’s agree to disagree. Auburn beat Ole Miss in a very close game. Ole Miss is in year one of a new HC. Auburn was being coached by an interim staff.

I think it’s reasonable to assume Ole Miss was better prepared than Auburn. Keep in mind Ole Miss have Bama it’s toughest game. Lane Kiffin is going to do well there. Perfect spot for him.
So Old Miss. lost to Auburn. Thus Auburn is the BETTER team!

Don't worry, we have another team from Indiana that can take IU's place. That team is even willing to put the B1G logo on their field.....

EpnBEUTXEAAuR98

• Haha
Reactions: willycat
College is such a wonderful thing. It can teach us so many important life lessons, such as keeping your mouth shut and letting your accomplishments speak for you.
Better to keep mouth shut and have people think you are idiots than open it and remove all doubt

Who did they beat in 2020?

Counterpoint: Who did they lose to outside of championship game bound Ohio State?

In 2020 any power 5 conference can play the “who did you beat” vs “our conference is tougher” til the cows come home. There was no way to compare leagues this season.

Conferences that (recklessly) plowed through September and October (as if there was no virus) clearly were able to stack the cards in their favor by racking up wins against “ranked teams” and quickly jumped up in the polls as there was limited competition. Remember when Mississippi State upset “#5 LSU”?

I’m not saying the BIG should get special treatment, but I do think if teams like Miami (and later UNC for beating Miami) get credit for beating paper tigers, Indiana should get the same credit for knocking off “#6 Penn State”. The Hoosiers were 6-1 after all.

It should be noted that although Florida sucked a few days back, the argument is now moot as IU stunk it up in Tampa.

All in all, I’m beyond thrilled NU didn’t have a positive COVID case and won the friggin’ Citrus Bowl. Awesome year.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
Yeah that loss is for sure the end of this. Next time they're in a bowl game, they should put their heads down and focus on ending their 3 decade bowl winless streak. Not on whether they deserve a better bowl.

This is a bad loss at the end of one of their best seasons of all time; threw away an Outback Bowl that they were 7 point favorites in and that would have been the capstone on an all-time great season for them.

10 point favorites but what is the difference when you lose.

Counterpoint: Who did they lose to outside of championship game bound Ohio State?

In 2020 any power 5 conference can play the “who did you beat” vs “our conference is tougher” til the cows come home. There was no way to compare leagues this season.

Conferences that (recklessly) plowed through September and October (as if there was no virus) clearly were able to stack the cards in their favor by racking up wins against “ranked teams” and quickly jumped up in the polls as there was limited competition. Remember when Mississippi State upset “#5 LSU”?

I’m not saying the BIG should get special treatment, but I do think if teams like Miami (and later UNC for beating Miami) get credit for beating paper tigers, Indiana should get the same credit for knocking off “#6 Penn State”. The Hoosiers were 6-1 after all.

It should be noted that although Florida sucked a few days back, the argument is now moot as IU stunk it up in Tampa.

All in all, I’m beyond thrilled NU didn’t have a positive COVID case and won the friggin’ Citrus Bowl. Awesome year.

Northwestern > Indiana

Many Hoosiers fans seem to think otherwise. I don't believe IU will end up ranked ahead of Ohio State, Northwestern or Iowa, after Ole Miss loss.

Nice win at Wisconsin, who were not extremely good in 2020.

Old miss sucks. Period. Auburn way better

Northwestern > Indiana

Many Hoosiers fans seem to think otherwise. I don't believe IU will end up ranked ahead of Ohio State, Northwestern or Iowa, after Ole Miss loss.

Nice win at Wisconsin, who were not extremely good in 2020.

Post bowls, I’m totally onboard with that.

Northwestern: around 10
Iowa: low/mid teens
IU: low teens.

Ole Miss????

Yes, and Ole Miss still went 4-5. With Penix in, Indiana kills them. Their defense gave up 40 points a game. Alabama was the only SEC team to hit 40 points against Auburn this season. Auburn's defensive coordinator coached the bowl game — no reason to believe he didn't have his defense prepared. You're darned right we'll agree to disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT