ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana - Ohio State Game Thread

FeralFelidae

Sep 1, 2003
Passing the time until our game, this game is still of great interest.

Ohio State scores first, but Indiana just had a great interception!

Indiana has a case of the dropsies today. I feel that they'll stay in the game if they just hold onto the ball.

I’ve decided it is 50% nerves, 50% talent gap.

Indiana is better at the fundamentals than they are showing (that fourth down drop was just not looking the ball in to his hands), but OSU really looks good.

Edit: Hoosier offensive line finally showed up to the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium999
I’ve decided it is 50% nerves, 50% talent gap.

Indiana is better at the fundamentals than they are showing (that fourth down drop was just not looking the ball in), but OSU really looks good.

Edit: Hoosier offensive line finally showed up to the game.
Catch the dam ball

Fields is looking like the worst Buckeye on the field. Not even his play, just the hesitation and decision making.

Reactions: Titanium999
I would cheer Indiana’s score, to even the game, if I knew a single Indiana cheer.

I mean, I even know the ski-u-mah thing....no idea what it means, though. But I know of no Indiana football traditions.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
I would cheer Indiana’s score, to even the game, if I knew a single Indiana cheer.

I mean, I even know the ski-u-mah thing....no idea what it means, though. But I know of no Indiana football traditions.
The only one i know of is that people go to their tailgates, but rarely go to the games.

Reminiscent of the last NU - duh-OSU game - all of a sudden, the hyped challenger has no answers...

Reactions: drewjin
Reminiscent of the last NU - duh-OSU game - all of a sudden, the hyped challenger has no answers...
Indiana has too many self-inflicted wounds. They dropped the wide open 4th down pass on OSU's side of the field. They coughed up the football in the red zone (the ball just came loose on its own). The game would look much different with two more scores by Indiana. 50% nerves sounds about right.

Reactions: drewjin
I will admit, it does give one hope that an excellent secondary could fluster him.

I think Fields first interception the ball just slipped out of his hands. After that he started looking for the big play instead of hitting the obviously open receiver. The second interception was just a stupid decision- though made by defensive pressure in the pocket.

After that Fields and the offense settled down. As I post this at the 12:10 mark in the 3rd, OSU is up 35-7.

The Buckeyes aren’t perfect and aren’t unbeatable. They are good enough to not be perfect and still win.

As I finish this post IU just made it 35-14. Lol. As I said, not perfect.

Fields just threw his 3rd interception, and then Indiana fumbles it right back on the return. Wow.

Indiana has now turned it over thrice (once on downs) in OSU territory. They arguably should have three more scores than they do now.

Zero points on any of the Fields interceptions.

Never let an underdog in a dream season make it close in the fourth. This is a big drive. If IU can score.....

Edit: literally: post....pick six...page draw

I feel completely out of tune with the football universe.

• Haha
Reactions: DaCat
A lot has to happen for NU to face OSU.

That said, this is discouraging. IU is a damn good team. They've sacked Fields 4 times and intercepted 3 times. And losing by 3 scores.

OTOH, I don't think we'd give up 250+ rushing yards

Indiana had their opportunities. This game could easily be a one score affair had they not made a plethora of costly mistakes.

There were several moments where the Hoosiers could have really closed the gap, but that dropped deep ball prior to the pick 6 may have been the decisive sequence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4IUSox2
A lot has to happen for NU to face OSU.

That said, this is discouraging. IU is a damn good team. They've sacked Fields 4 times and intercepted 3 times. And losing by 3 scores.

OTOH, I don't think we'd give up 250+ rushing yards
IU hurt themselves a lot today. Any team that has a chance against dOSU has to play clean and make some big plays.

Holy moley, IU has a chance. Penix with 5 TDs and closing in on 500 yards. Fryfogle over 200 receiving. 42-35 with 10:26 left.

WOW.

tOSU on 4th down inside Indiana's 10 could have kicked a FG to go up two scores.

Instead they go for it on 4th and don't make it.

Indiana with the ball with a chance to tie.

This is a great game. Very impressed by Indiana hanging in and not giving up. Their defense has been particularly impressive. The Indian qb is very good along with their receiving corps.

This is a great game. Very impressed by Indiana hanging in and not giving up. Their defense has been particularly impressive. The Indian qb is very good along with their receiving corps.

Now you see why Ramsey transferred. Not because he isn’t good. He is VERY GOOD. But because Penix is just that damn amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT