ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana--transfer portal

Rodenthater

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2013
wow...amazing how quickly a subpar D1 fb program can become so good so fast! Is it because of the 23 portal tranfers?

wow...amazing how quickly a subpar D1 fb program can become so good so fast! Is it because of the 23 portal tranfers?
I keep hearing different numbers. 18, 30, 26, and now 23. Regardless it is a lot and unfortunately the way our admissions is currently structured not really possible to do a rebuild that way here.

Reactions: 2388bb
I think the new coach has as much to do with that as anything. A new coach typically brings a bunch of transfer churn with them. It would be a concern if NU's coach was bringing in 23 portal transfer every year.

I'll be curious to see if Indiana can keep it up. I think this new coach has brought in an offensive system that has caught a lot of (somewhat mediocre) teams off guard. We'll see what some of the coaching staffs at the bigger programs they will play can do with several games now on tape.

As for their defense, I was not impressed at all. I think they will give up a lot of points against better teams. I wouldn't be surprised if our offensive outburst last Saturday was something of a mirage because Indiana's defense isn't very good. We'll see......

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
Reactions: 2388bb
Whatever the actual number; 9 of them followed their HC from JMU. Far cry from Braun and Lujan bringing not one transfer from their respective programs.
The culture is different at the Dakota schools apparently.

Reactions: phatcat
I think the new coach has as much to do with that as anything. A new coach typically brings a bunch of transfer churn with them. It would be a concern if NU's coach was bringing in 23 portal transfer every year.
No but when we had a mass exodus like we have had over the last couple years, we need more than 5 or six

I'll be curious to see if Indiana can keep it up. I think this new coach has brought in an offensive system that has caught a lot of (somewhat mediocre) teams off guard. We'll see what some of the coaching staffs at the bigger programs they will play can do with several games now on tape.

As for their defense, I was not impressed at all. I think they will give up a lot of points against better teams. I wouldn't be surprised if our offensive outburst last Saturday was something of a mirage because Indiana's defense isn't very good. We'll see......
My exact read. I’m not totally on board that this is sustainable. Too many transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT