ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Interview with Carson Grove

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
I had an interview with Carson Grove, the 2024 WR from Hersey, earlier this afternoon. I'll write up the story to run tomorrow morning, here are my notes and some key quotes from the call:

-Coaches didn't talk in detail about the hazing investigation and its fallout, Grove didn't press them on it

"The other three times I was there and Coach Fitz was talking, obviously he was a great guy and everything, I liked him a lot. But having another great guy like Coach Braun stepping in, that helps a lot. They didn't say too much about the situation and I didn't ask too much about it. I just know that with Coach Braun, having the program in his hands is always going to be great. So I'm not too worried about that."

-Grove wasn't worried about potentially a new staff in 2024

"I'm not, I pretty much know all the staff they have right now and they're great people. I know if they do end up hiring a new guy, they'll be great as well."

-Northwestern is at the top of his list and I expect they'll pick up the commitment

"The school is 40 minutes away or so, and I've been able to build a connection with Coach Binns for quite some time now. So I think Northwestern is sitting on top right now."

"Our season's first game is on August 26. So [I'll make my commitment] definitely before then, so it could be in the next couple weeks."

-This was Grove's fourth visit to campus, his offer is committable

"We haven't talked about an official [visit], but [Coach Braun] told me it's definitely a committable offer and that if I want in, then I'm in. If I do commit, I'll definitely be back on campus, they said I'm always welcome there."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News