ADVERTISEMENT

Sign Of The Times

fcmchi

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2017
From a Trib article:

Former Florida QB signee Jaden Rashada sues coach Billy Napier and others over failed $14 million NIL deal

EASports College Football ‘26 or ‘27 is going to be lit!

“Press ❌ to accept the proposed settlement. Press ⭕️ to proceed to trial.”

“Use the up and down arrows to choose a defense strategy. When ready, press ❌ to begin jury selection.”

Nonstop fun!

EASports College Football ‘26 or ‘27 is going to be lit!

“Press ❌ to accept the proposed settlement. Press ⭕️ to proceed to trial.”

“Use the up and down arrows to choose a defense strategy. When ready, press ❌ to begin jury selection.”

Nonstop fun!
Cattul,

You forgot the change of e-mail option: the kid in question made an oral commitment to U Miami, signed a letter of intent with U Florida, was released from that and played at ASU, now is at U Georgia.

I hope we never, ever find ourselves in this place. I'd honestly rather be 2-10 most years or drop to sub-P4 than become a program made up entirely of mercenaries kids playing for the highest bidder.
Fortunately, for smarter athletes, attending NU is a kind of NIL deal.

THis sounds an awful lot like a kid and dad who have no idea what they're talking about, screwed up the whole thing repeatedly, and don't have a great leg to stand on.

Fortunately, for smarter athletes, attending NU is a kind of NIL deal.
Yes, I am cautiously optimistic that a completely different kind of approach to recruiting at NU - where we value player development and continuity - will yield very good returns as it historically has over typical higher-profile "hat dance" kids who wind up bouncing around four times in four years to never find what they're looking for, while those programs experience high turnover and unmet potential.

Our stated NIL strategy - to retain rather than recruit - will also hopefully help protect us from poaching and kids looking for greener pastures after a good season.

Reactions: drewjin
And, of course, Miami of Florida was originally involved with this guy. John Ruiz who probably bought the basketball player away from NU. This NIL thing is completely off the rails.
Probably will get worse before it gets better

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT