ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fumble - just before end of the quarter

Cat-Court-Jester

Jan 6, 2006
Would love it if someone could confirm it, but it appeared in real time and then I watched it 3 times... I'm 99% sure that pass from Padilla was backwards (and even if it was lateral, that's a fumble). Would have been NU ball and a huge momentum swing, and instead they score on the next play.

That plus the "intentional grounding" on a pass directly forward as Marty was being hit - pass was in the direction of our tight end running a route right up the middle. Big Ten refs... Big Ten refs. Competence is not their strong suit... at least when it comes to NU games.

Reactions: Alvious
Would love it if someone could confirm it, but it appeared in real time and then I watched it 3 times... I'm 99% sure that pass from Padilla was backwards (and even if it was lateral, that's a fumble). Would have been NU ball and a huge momentum swing, and instead they score on the next play.

That plus the "intentional grounding" on a pass directly forward as Marty was being hit - pass was in the direction of our tight end running a route right up the middle. Big Ten refs... Big Ten refs. Competence is not their strong suit... at least when it comes to NU games.
Definitely! We have been sloppy since

Definitely! We have been sloppy since
Yep, I thought so. And for the refs, if it's questionable you don't blow it dead! You can always overturn it if it's a forward pass... but blowing it dead removes even the possibility of review. Absolute incompetence... happens repeatedly to NU in Big Ten games... unconscious bias has a hell of an effect on human behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT