ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Bowser statistics as Junior

Inovacat

Gold Member
May 30, 2016
Northern VA
The Dayton Daily News provides data on recruit Isaiah Bowser. It looks like a BIG MISS under the noses of the 10 man recruiting army at OSU:

Bowser "led the Greater Western Ohio Conference -- all divisions -- in rushing last year with 1,877 yards in 10 games. Bowser averaged 6.3 yards per carry while totaling 28 touchdowns on the ground. He rushed for 200-plus yards in 5 games and scored four or more touchdowns in 5 games.

On defense he had one interception, which he returned 67 yards for a touchdown."

Who is our recruiting stalwart who found and convinced this player to choose NU?

Reactions: lunker35
The Dayton Daily News provides data on recruit Isaiah Bowser. It looks like a BIG MISS under the noses of the 10 man recruiting army at OSU:

OSU already has commitments from two Top 50 backs, the #2 APB and the #4 RB. I don't think they missed anything.......

Isaiah Bowser's situation reminds me of another Ohio high school star who was snubbed by dOSU -- Tyrell Sutton. For whatever perceived deficiencies (speed, size?) he was not offered by them. If Bowser can have a career at NU like Sutton did (minus the injuries) then that would be good enough for me.

OSU already has commitments from two Top 50 backs, the #2 APB and the #4 RB. I don't think they missed anything.......

I'm pretty excited about Bowser. It may be that OSU's sated interest was a smoke screen that allowed him to go under the radar until NU found him.

Checking in from Sidney, OH to sing the praises of young Mr. Bowser. The Cats are not only getting a darn good player but an all around good kid and true student-athlete. He had offers from Ivy League schools and probably would have chosen Harvard if Northwestern hadn't offered. The benefits of being a great school in a major conference.

Broke single season school records for rushing yards, rushing TD's, total TD's, points accounted for. And also a single game record of 40 carries. Just a true workhorse last year.

The community is excited to have him for one more year. Just 60 days left until the first game of the season. I'll keep this board updated on his performance game-by-game if I remember.

Checking in from Sidney, OH to sing the praises of young Mr. Bowser. The Cats are not only getting a darn good player but an all around good kid and true student-athlete. He had offers from Ivy League schools and probably would have chosen Harvard if Northwestern hadn't offered. The benefits of being a great school in a major conference.

Broke single season school records for rushing yards, rushing TD's, total TD's, points accounted for. And also a single game record of 40 carries. Just a true workhorse last year.

The community is excited to have him for one more year. Just 60 days left until the first game of the season. I'll keep this board updated on his performance game-by-game if I remember.

Thanks for the info. Look forward to your updates.

Welcome to the board

Isaiah Bowser's situation reminds me of another Ohio high school star who was snubbed by dOSU -- Tyrell Sutton. For whatever perceived deficiencies (speed, size?) he was not offered by them. If Bowser can have a career at NU like Sutton did (minus the injuries) then that would be good enough for me.

A better comparison might be Le'Veon Bell.

Think that was true for Mike Adamle, as well, awhile back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT