ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Hunter Time!

Por Scout

Oct 3, 2017
Hot damn, it’s almost Hunter time!
Scouting report: Johnson is “extremely accurate and good decision maker, can make all the throws. Quick release, leads receivers and very difficult to sack.” Exactly what this team needs. Kudo’s to Fitz for landing this kid. Cat fans can expect a huge step up at QB next season. Go Cats!

Reactions: EvanstonCat
Scouting report: Johnson is “extremely accurate and good decision maker, can make all the throws. Quick release, leads receivers and very difficult to sack.” Exactly what this team needs. Kudo’s to Fitz for landing this kid. Cat fans can expect a huge step up at QB next season. Go Cats!
Ok: given losses to graduation, we’ll just need a LT, a LG, and a RG.

Are there Any grad transfers that we can scoop up?

We are gonna run the table next year

It will be a huge step up for Johnson to try to fill Thorson's shoes, IMO.

The way Doles and Hance played last night, could be addition by subtraction.
Isn’t that a particularly damning statement when you realize that those two are 5th-year seniors, whom we all hoped big things for after they looked promising early on?

"Cat fans can expect a huge step up at QB next season." Can we hold this talk until next season, please? Clayton's not done yet, and he's not only, what, the sixth most prolific QB in the Big Ten, he's a human being.

"Cat fans can expect a huge step up at QB next season." Can we hold this talk until next season, please? Clayton's not done yet, and he's not only, what, the sixth most prolific QB in the Big Ten, he's a human being.

I agree with this sentiment. And we really have no idea what will happen next season. With Stanford as the opener, Ohio State on the schedule, and the B1G West looking like an improved division it will be a difficult year for Johnson or any other new QB to break in. I just hope he is able to catch on quickly and avoid injury. Meanwhile, Clayton and other seniors who've been consistent winners at NU have the chance to go out on a positive note.

I agree with this sentiment. And we really have no idea what will happen next season. With Stanford as the opener, Ohio State on the schedule, and the B1G West looking like an improved division it will be a difficult year for Johnson or any other new QB to break in. I just hope he is able to catch on quickly and avoid injury. Meanwhile, Clayton and other seniors who've been consistent winners at NU have the chance to go out on a positive note.

Johnson will be running for his life, which is par for the course under Cushing.

Reactions: IGNORE2
So, how many times have you seen HJ live? Is this just another CT bash under your new handle?

Gee, that’s appropriate. So necessary, huh? Boo

I’m not throwing seniors under the bus who played hard for us for years. Most of their failures could be attributed to a well documented lack of proper instruction and that comes directly from former players and their parents who used to sit in my section.

It will be a huge step up for Johnson to try to fill Thorson's shoes, IMO.
As a freshman, no doubt about that. If he at least fills Thorson's shoes, then we could be even better next year.
Our record this year isn't going to look good when compared to other years, but we played 3 of the final top 8 teams and we were in a one score game in the fourth quarter with each (Notre Dame, Michigan, OSU). That's some pretty damn disciplined football.

Not even sure if Hunter will be our starter as some other QB's have a say in it, but there is a lot of hope with this kid. I haven't watched any tape but I like the part where his profile says "Can make all the throws and is hard to sack." Thorson could make all of the throws but was a clay (no pun intended) pigeon for sacking.

They played like garbage last night.

Surely, the Johnsons have to be looking for honest assessments of OL development with their son about to take the reins. There’s been ample anecdotal evidence that the instruction has been lacking. Who knows what kind of sway they have over Fitz, in the end, but if there’s a way to even get to consistently average line play, with the WRs coming in, this offense could be on the upswing.

The way Doles and Hance played last night, could be addition by subtraction.

I’ve been saying that for two years now. In fairness, osu had a damn good line, but this has been ongoing for a long time (starting with western Michigan)

Hunter Johnson will have had 2.5+ years of college training when he starts.

1.5 years with Clemson and 1+ year here.

This is not a true freshman situation or anything like that...

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I’ve been saying that for two years now. In fairness, osu had a damn good line, but this has been ongoing for a long time (starting with western Michigan)

In addition to Ohio State, they've played two of the top 15 rated defenses in the country (Michigan State and Iowa), Notre Dame and a Michigan team that was rated tops in the country until the Ohio State debacle. Frankly, most of the B1G o-lines were not all that impressive this year. Penn State's line maybe was slightly above average at best. Michigan State has some injuries on the o-line and their offense was actually worse than NU's. All these All-Americans Wisconsin supposedly has and Taylor, one of the best backs in the country, had 46 yards on the Cats.

As a freshman, no doubt about that. If he at least fills Thorson's shoes, then we could be even better next year.
Our record this year isn't going to look good when compared to other years, but we played 3 of the final top 8 teams and we were in a one score game in the fourth quarter with each (Notre Dame, Michigan, OSU). That's some pretty damn disciplined football.

Not even sure if Hunter will be our starter as some other QB's have a say in it, but there is a lot of hope with this kid. I haven't watched any tape but I like the part where his profile says "Can make all the throws and is hard to sack." Thorson could make all of the throws but was a clay (no pun intended) pigeon for sacking.
Turk-If not Hunter, who else will have a say ?

In addition to Ohio State, they've played two of the top 15 rated defenses in the country (Michigan State and Iowa), Notre Dame and a Michigan team that was rated tops in the country until the Ohio State debacle. Frankly, most of the B1G o-lines were not all that impressive this year. Penn State's line maybe was slightly above average at best. Michigan State has some injuries on the o-line and their offense was actually worse than NU's. All these All-Americans Wisconsin supposedly has and Taylor, one of the best backs in the country, had 46 yards on the Cats.

As I said in my post, this goes well-beyond this year.

Is he playing in the bowl game.?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT