ADVERTISEMENT

It'll be Northwestern or Stanford for 3-star RB Nathaniel Peat

From everything I’ve heard, Coach campbell at ISU runs a pretty decent program. My comments regarding Fleck and Minnesota were not solely aimed at the difference in academic prestige of the two universities.
Which means that Campbell will be there for about 30 seconds after a top program calls hin

In Business, there are some programs at Minny that I'm certain rank higher than NU. I"d even say that maybe 7 or 8 other BigTen teams are ranked higher in certain business specialties than NU.
Northwestern doesn’t have an undergraduate business program. All universities’ undergraduate business programs outrank NU’s nonexistent undergraduate business program.

Reactions: techtim72
giphy.gif

When I was a Sr. in High school I went to a Fraternity pledge weekend at Illinois. I pledged the fraternity that had the prettiest girl who paid the most attention to me. I didn't realize it at the time but now 45 year later, I'm sure of it. Not my proudest moment by a long shot. 17 year old brains don't always prioritize in a predictable of respectable way.

A bit different than “hope that college gang bangs have just gone under ground.”

Anyway, really hope Peat chooses NU. I imagine he and Bowser would complement each other nicely. And he’d be a candidate to take over kick returns, surely?

A bit different than “hope that college gang bangs have just gone under ground.”

Anyway, really hope Peat chooses NU. I imagine he and Bowser would complement each other nicely. And he’d be a candidate to take over kick returns, surely?
I didn't mean to refer to Peat. I'm not aware of any scandal at NU or Stanford.

I didn't mean to refer to Peat. I'm not aware of any scandal at NU or Stanford.

I realize that.

Just brought up Peat because I’m curious to get this thread back on track. Strikes me as an ideal change-of-pace back, at the very least. I know Stanford is looking for 2 RBs but the fact that NU has none in this class has to at least be an advantage on the margin.

Reactions: NUCat320
I realize that.

Just brought up Peat because I’m curious to get this thread back on track. Strikes me as an ideal change-of-pace back, at the very least. I know Stanford is looking for 2 RBs but the fact that NU has none in this class has to at least be an advantage on the margin.
Yes, his film was very exciting. One of the most fun I've watched.

GTFOH
Minnesota is far far above NU when it comes to business programs dealing with MIS. 1. MIT 2. Carengie Mellon......4 Minnesota
Minnesota is far far above NU when it comes to Chemical Engineering Programs
1. MIT
2.Cal Berk
3. Georgia Tech
4. Stanford
5. Wisconsin
6. Texas
7 Minnesota
8. Cal Tech
9 Princeton
…...Illinois, Michigan.

The Ohio State University has many programs that are either not offered at NU or are ranked superior. Some schools at The OSU are extremely competitive.

That said, NU is a great undergraduate school and in its general totality of things offers a much better education, but if a player already knows what his specialty is going to be then the big universities have many more programs and specialties than NU.

Not busting NU, I just felt there was a load of ignorance about why a player or any student would choose Minny over NU. It depends upon his/her program of study.

Reactions: hdhntr1
Northwestern doesn’t have an undergraduate business program. All universities’ undergraduate business programs outrank NU’s nonexistent undergraduate business program.
So why would a player who wants to major in Business come to NU? Again, NU is a great school but it's annoying when some NU peeps act like it is a perfect fit for everyone. And that's just the academic factor. Toss in the Blonde multiplier of about 100 when you consider the levels of Testosterone flowing at that age and unless there is good parental guidance, a sharp kid could end up at OSU, Tennessee, Geogia, Minny, etc with the idea of majoring a bit in the push push.

Minnesota is far far above NU when it comes to business programs dealing with MIS. 1. MIT 2. Carengie Mellon......4 Minnesota
1. MIT
2.Cal Berk
3. Georgia Tech
4. Stanford
5. Wisconsin
6. Texas
7 Minnesota
8. Cal Tech
9 Princeton
…...Illinois, Michigan.

The Ohio State University has many programs that are either not offered at NU or are ranked superior. Some schools at The OSU are extremely competitive.

That said, NU is a great undergraduate school and in its general totality of things offers a much better education, but if a player already knows what his specialty is going to be then the big universities have many more programs and specialties than NU.

Not busting NU, I just felt there was a load of ignorance about why a player or any student would choose Minny over NU. It depends upon his/her program of study.

No it does not. Scholarship student-athletes are prohibitively unlikely to end up in a course of study where schools like Minnesota or Iowa State are more highly rated than NU.

So why would a player who wants to major in Business come to NU? Again, NU is a great school but it's annoying when some NU peeps act like it is a perfect fit for everyone. And that's just the academic factor. Toss in the Blonde multiplier of about 100 when you consider the levels of Testosterone flowing at that age and unless there is good parental guidance, a sharp kid could end up at OSU, Tennessee, Geogia, Minny, etc with the idea of majoring a bit in the push push.

Because majoring in business is far from the only way to get into business. In fact, a business major is often detrimental in business school applications.

1. MIT
2.Cal Berk
3. Georgia Tech
4. Stanford
5. Wisconsin
6. Texas
7 Minnesota
8. Cal Tech
9 Princeton
…...Illinois, Michigan.

The B1G schools are outstanding academic schools in general. The other power conferences don’t really compare, though the ACC has some very good schools.

The expectation is that a NU student athlete on balance will face a more rigorous entrance review, more rigorous academic study.and will complete with more gifted classmates academically. Of course other universities have great programs, etc but that doesn 't say anything about the day to day experience of the athlete who will not be seeing Nobel winners in the classroom.. At NU no easy rides.

I realize that.

Now that JB is out of the picture, can we obsess about Peat and Young?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT