ADVERTISEMENT

It's Signing Day! Follow along as the LOIs roll in

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
WR Malik Washington gets the early bird award as the first official Wildcat in the Class of 2019. He was the last commit but the first signee.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
OL Dominick D'Antonio has played just two years of organized football, if you can believe that.

OL Zachary Franks flipped from Penn State in August and comes from Baltimore Gilman, the same school that produced Alonzo Mayo and Jelani Roberts.

Connor Foster is a 6-foot-7 tackle that comes from Milford (Ohio), the same program that produced Zach Strief.

Defensive tackle Jason Gold is the first of five Cats from Texas in this class.

Adetimowa "Tommy" Adebawore is the lone DE in the class and continues NU"s Nigerian tradition.

CB Cameron Mitchell is from Bolingbrook (Ill.), which is coached by former Wildcat John Ivlow and has produced WR Carl Fisher and S Parrker Westphal.

Conrad Rowley was the first offensive lineman to commit and, along with Tommy Adebawore, gives the Cats two signees from Kansas City.

Safety Brandon Joseph was a Texas Tech commit who reopened his recruitment when Kliff Kingsbury was fired.

Big WR Wayne Dennis planned to take all five of his official visits -- until he took his first one to NU and pulled the trigger two days later.

Superback Thomas Gordon committed way back in January, and then picked up offers from LSU, Maryland, Louisville and Colorado.

Bryce Kirtz is a speedy slot guy and was once a teammate of NU quarterback Hunter Johnson at Brownsburg (Ind.).

LB Michael Jansey Jr. hopes to be the next Chicago linebacker to make a name for himself at NU -- like a couple coaches named McGarigle and Fitzgerald.

Safety Corien Azema, another Houstonian, kept a low profile in recruiting, but his highlight tape speaks for itself.

Looks like we have a little break in the action. We have 15 down and three to go. The commits remaining are Genson Hooper, Rod Heard and Duke Olges. Heard told me last night that he won't be sending his in until after his signing ceremony at 2:15 ET.

CB Roderick Heard was a two-way player at Farmington Hills Harrison, a Michigan powerhouse that is closing its doors at the end of the year.

DT Duke Olges comes from just up the road at New Trier and has been going to Northwestern games his whole life.

Random thought time...

Seems like the height/weight measures are "legit," likely taken during prospects' OVs.

Foster is a big dude at 6-7.

A little surprised to see Olges at 242 and Gold at 260; both looked bigger to me

Azema is very VERY good, having somehow gone under the radar for a kid with his tape/offers

Same for Gallagher... and if it's actually 6-2 223 then I like his chances as a "plug and play" SAM even better

Not 100% sure I buy Gordon at 6-5 or Jansey at 6-2

Random thought time...

Seems like the height/weight measures are "legit," likely taken during prospects' OVs.

Foster is a big dude at 6-7.

A little surprised to see Olges at 242 and Gold at 260; both looked bigger to me

Azema is very VERY good, having somehow gone under the radar for a kid with his tape/offers

Same for Gallagher... and if it's actually 6-2 223 then I like his chances as a "plug and play" SAM even better

Not 100% sure I buy Gordon at 6-5 or Jansey at 6-2

Foster is one of my favorite commits from this cycle. Him and GHP.

Although in the past players like Paddy Fisher have gone under the radar so what do I know...

Foster is one of my favorite commits from this cycle. Him and GHP.

Although in the past players like Paddy Fisher have gone under the radar so what do I know...

I like this class. I think Heard, Azema, Olges, Gallagher, Gordon and Kirtz are the guys who are most likely to contribute early. I think GHP and Foster have the most upside but will take a year or two before we see them on the field.

Early signing day is *great* for NU recruiting. I really like it.

I also like:
5 Texas
2 Georgia
1 Florida

3 Chicago metro

Fill in the rest of the class from there.

Congrats to all these kids. Best decision they’ll ever make, until they skip their fifth year of eligibility to enter the draft, degree in hand.

Reactions: TerraCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT