ADVERTISEMENT

Izzo on Handshake Lines

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Once again, Izzo speaks the truth......

"That, to me, would be the biggest farce, joke, ridiculous nature of anything I've ever heard of," Izzo told reporters Monday. "We've already taught these poor 18-year-olds that when you're told to go to class and you don't like it, you can leave. We've already told these kids that if you're not happy, you can do something else. We've already told these kids that it's hard to hold them accountable.

"And now we're going to tell them to not man up and walk down a line to someone who's kicked your butt and have enough class to shake their hand is utterly ridiculous. So if the president said it, I think he's full of it. If the best coach in America said it, I think ... that gets me more than this incident."

But to do away with one of college basketball's traditions because of one incident would be a mistake, Izzo said.

"That's not happening here," Izzo said. "So if some team doesn't want to shake hands, you're going to see 15 of my guys walk down and shake air. We're going to shake air and I'm going to shake air and then we're going to leave."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News