ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Kill to Kansas state as associate A.D.

Not terribly. I think Kill is one of these guys who bleeds college football and athletics. This role allows him to stay involved without the travel and time demands of an HC job.

And it is in the best interest of Miiny football that he move on. Nothing worse than an ex-coach hanging around the program in some official capacity. See Alvarez, Barry as exhibit 1.....

Nothing worse than how the Wisconsin football team has been since Alvarez moved from coaching to admin?
While Wisconsin has been highly successful, they have lost 2 coaches and lots and lots of assistants. Don't know the inner politics of Wisconsin's athletic department, but I have to imagine having a former coach legend AD is a tough position.

While Wisconsin has been highly successful, they have lost 2 coaches and lots and lots of assistants. Don't know the inner politics of Wisconsin's athletic department, but I have to imagine having a former coach legend AD is a tough position.

In Barry's defense(?), Bret B. seemed to imply that Wisconsin pays its assistants below market, which was one of the reasons he left (couldn't attract/keep staff).

I'm happy for Kill, and will admit I'm at least a little surprised Minnesota didn't keep him in a ceremonial A.D. role for the fundraising benefit alone.

I think it's kind of split among Minnesota fans whether they wanted Kill in a similar role at Minnesota. I'm in the camp that Fitzphile is; that it's best he move on. I'm appreciative of his time & effort while he was here & wish him nothing but the best, but he resigned. It's time to move on. The last thing I feel Claeys needs is the shadow of Kill, whether it's legit or not.

There was also some talk that Kill was critical of Claeys' decision to let go the OC & QB coach, which Claeys did after the regular season. Personally, I feel one of the biggest compliments usually associated with Kill (his loyalty to his staff) also was somewhat of a negative in that he was pretty stubborn if a change was necessary. I do like Claeys, but the reality is that this is his one shot at a head coaching position, and he knows it. He has to run the program how he feels best.

I'm appreciative of Kill & wish him nothing but the best at KSU, but it was time to leave Minnesota & put that shadow out for good.

Reactions: nu greek
That is part of it. A big part of it and important to me. But also stuff from the pretty long ago past. That I don't want to get into. I think much of the positive feelings people seem to have for the guy come about simply on account of his struggles with his health.

That is part of it. A big part of it and important to me. But also stuff from the pretty long ago past. That I don't want to get into. I think much of the positive feelings people seem to have for the guy come about simply on account of his struggles with his health.

He leaves the impression of a nice l'il chipmunk struggling with epilepsy, but he is a fire-breathing dragon of a coach, at least from what I've seen from his locker room speeches. One fiery dude!

J. Kill is origionally from Kansas.
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

Reactions: Noah121
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT