ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Palm is…

Palm is totally wrong. The Cats are in even with a loss.
Who can blame him?

Our most dedicated fans apparently think we need a quality BTT win or two to clinch a bid.

I think we’re in regardless. I feel sorry for those of you who agree with Palm

Palm is one of these clowns who still has a job because he’s old and has been doing it forever. Doesn’t mean he’s good at it. Here’s another example.

I interviewed Big Sky Commissioner Tom Wistrcill who is on the selection committee yesterday. After the interview I kiddingly told him to be kind to our Cats. He said they’ll be there on Sunday and he praised Collins as a great coach and Boo as a special player.
That is very telling coming from outside the Big Ten loop. Particularly impressed with the awareness of Boo’s contributions.

He also has us in our best position of any mock bracket so far: vs Washington State in Indianapolis. 🤔

We’d face the winner of Marquette/Montana State in the second…
It is indeed an ideal path. But I don’t think the committee will have us as a 10.

It is indeed an ideal path. But I don’t think the committee will have us as a 10.
What if we lose big on Friday?

If CCC plays Clayton, Mullins, Hunger, and Smith heavy minutes to get them “readier” for the tournament- and we lose by 20+ - couldn’t we drop 4 spots?

I refuse to believe that we’d fall out of the tournament. I also doubt that winning one or two BTT games would raise us above an 8, but I’m open to the debate while we wait.

Friday's game is 3.1 percent of our season. WE overemphasize the importance of it (oooh, it's a tournament game) but the committee does not.
If you think we're on the bubble to the point where the 3.1 percent matters, then sure.
I just don't see it. We definitely could have made things easier on ourselves, but we were either tied or in the lead at the end of the game in like 29 of 31 games this year. (Old heads - think about THAT - i can't imagine that's ever happened before for Northwestern)

F Jerry Palm, Purdue alum who is bitter that his school needs a 46-8 FT discrepancy to beat us on their court in OT.

“Poor away from home against better opposition”? Total BS. I believe we were tied or winning every road game with under 5 to go besides Ill.
More succinctly, we are tied for 3rd in the conference standings and are also tied with 3rd most road wins.

I asked Andy Katz before the Minnesota game if we are a lock right now - even with the injuries, and he said yes. It was less about what we were doing and more about the other teams not stepping up. We have a lot more quad one and two wins than other bubble-ish teams.

I interviewed Big Sky Commissioner Tom Wistrcill who is on the selection committee yesterday. After the interview I kiddingly told him to be kind to our Cats. He said they’ll be there on Sunday and he praised Collins as a great coach and Boo as a special player.
I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I just can't imagine a member of the selection committee being that loosed lipped about which teams will or won't get in before the brackets are revealed. Unless he meant Northwestern would be in the discussion on Sunday, I can't imagine a committee member telling a fan that their team is in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT