ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Harbaugh is the only coach I can think of to be suspended multiple times in the same season

This won't stick. Michigan will get a court order overturning this due to lack of due process. Just my 2cents.
I think a court order will be specious. It will only ake Michigan look bad. How many people are suspended in jobs and etc pending investigations? No different. He and Michigan will get every opportunity to defend himself and itself which is due process. Michigan makes the SEC look honest.

I have never heard so much double talk in defense of a
I think a court order will be specious. It will only ake Michigan look bad. How many people are suspended in jobs and etc pending investigations? No different. He and Michigan will get every opportunity to defend himself and itself which is due process. Michigan makes the SEC look honest.
Going to court is highly unlikely for two reasons. For one, it exposes Michigan to a public discovery process where the whole world will more details about the shenanigans. Secondly, Michigan is likely not incentivized to waste capital defending Harbaugh for a moderate 3-game day suspension that doesn't affect their championship hopes when Harbaugh may be gone after the season (NFL?) and Michigan will be left defending itself to the NCAA that it takes the matter seriously and is cooperating with compliance to lessen the future NCAA penalty.

Going to court is highly unlikely for two reasons. For one, it exposes Michigan to a public discovery process where the whole world will more details about the shenanigans. Secondly, Michigan is likely not incentivized to waste capital defending Harbaugh for a moderate 3-game day suspension that doesn't affect their championship hopes when Harbaugh may be gone after the season (NFL?) and Michigan will be left defending itself to the NCAA that it takes the matter seriously and is cooperating with compliance to lessen the future NCAA penalty.
Michigan already said they were going to seek a Court Order nullifying the Big Ten's suspension on due process grounds. Harbaugh insists he had no knowledge. The Big Ten claims it is not punishing Harbaugh but rather the program.

Reactions: No Chores
This is wonderful.

This is the best sports story since Tommy Pham and Joc Peterson got in a fantasy football fight due to lax oversight from commissioner Mike Trout.

But this is better.

I hope the Michigan players do some tribute to Harbaugh on their first play tomorrow, but then PSU manages to injure a bunch of players, and then an earthquake swallows both teams.

Reactions: FLCatEng
It's interesting how the Big Ten worded the punishment. Technically, the Big Ten is not suspending Harbaugh. Instead, the Big Ten is punishing the University of Michigan for the multi-year sign stealing operation by not allowing its Head Coach to be present at its remaining regular season games.

Michigan discussing leaving the Big Ten. It is impossible that their university leaders are that juvenile. They can't be that juvenile, right?

Reactions: corbi296
Michigan discussing leaving the Big Ten. It is impossible that their university leaders are that juvenile. They can't be that juvenile, right?
Don’t let the door hit them on the way out. They are immature brats. They had some awful scandals. Fab Five were a well paid machine. Mich leaves, ND will enter.

Reactions: NUCats
Unfortunately, a reflection of much of society these days...

Despite clearly having broken the rules, play the victim and blame others instead of having some humility/contrition and accepting responsibility.

Reactions: corbi296
By the school maybe but this is by the conference and the conference has it's rules that it must follow. And they did not.

IT is not really to go to court but to get the BIG to follow it's own rules

Don’t let the door hit them on the way out. They are immature brats. They had some awful scandals. Fab Five were a well paid machine. Mich leaves, ND will enter.
That is legal now. And ND continues to show no interest in joining BIG

Just a really embarrassing display of Michigan’s self-unaware hubris in the post game interview. The assistant who coached the game is bawling his eyes out saying how much he loves Harbaugh and how they’re fighting for him, U Mich has “the best coaches, best University, best alumni in the country.” They do this on every level, athletics, academics, medicine. I suppose they’ve built their brand and it is working.

Michigan has withdrawn its challenge, so Harbaugh won’t be in court on Friday as promised.

Translation: “We cheaters. Ya got us.”

Michigan has withdrawn its challenge, so Harbaugh won’t be in court on Friday as promised.

Michigan got some thing pretty valuable in return too. The conference agreed not to seek any additional penalties. NCAA could still act, but hard to imagine they will do anything before the season is over.

Reactions: hdhntr1

It was a leverage play. Mich got the end of all investigation

It was a leverage play. Mich got the end of all investigation
Yep, that's exactly right and I imagine what Michigan intended from the start with all of the bluster. It was a bluff that paid off.

Has anyone been listening to chicago sports am radio 1000/670?? Many pundits casters are predicting Harbaugh will be chi bears head coach next season

Michigan has fired its linebackers coach, Chris Partridge, for being non-cooperative on the investigation. Interestingly, he had been at Ole Miss for three seasons, and only returned this year. (He had been at Michigan for several years prior to his stint at Mississippi.)

Translation: We cheaters. Ya got us.

America’s team!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT