ADVERTISEMENT

Jim O Donnell wrote about NU again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, that is a ridiculous statement. False.
The statute in Illinois that makes hazing a crime requires physical injury.
Running would be assault and probably sexual assault. Probably could add false imprisonment. And am some cases these are against a minor so consent wouldn’t even be a factor. Car wash is probably also an assault and sexual assault. Fire hosing on the other side also an assault. Again, when minor involved consent cannot be given.

Running would be assault and probably sexual assault. Probably could add false imprisonment. And am some cases these are against a minor so consent wouldn’t even be a factor. Car wash is probably also an assault and sexual assault. Fire hosing on the other side also an assault. Again, when minor involved consent cannot be given.
What do you think of football players hitting their opponents really hard and then taunting them?

Certainly assault, obviously hazing... if he stays on him too long, I can see possibly false imprisonment.

What do you think of football players hitting their opponents really hard and then taunting them?

Certainly assault, obviously hazing... if he stays on him too long, I can see possibly false imprisonment.
That’s consensual and also covered by written consent, in the case of a minor, counter signed by legal guardian. It only applies to the rules of the game which is why you sometimes hear about criminal cases developing

Aside from the absence of consent, what are the rules again for running and car wash?

And sexual consent cannot be granted by parent nor victim for minors. Based on the ‘humping’ in the running and nudity of the car wash, I’m pretty sure there are several sex crimes that apply.

Last edited:
Reactions: phatcat
That’s consensual and also covered by written consent, in the case of a minor, counter signed by legal guardian. It only applies to the rules of the game which is why you sometimes here about criminal cases developing

Aside from the absence of consent, what are the rules again for running and car wash?

And sexual consent cannot be granted by parent nor victim for minors. Based on the ‘jumping’ in the running and nudity of the car wash, I’m pretty sure there are several sex crimes that apply.
From what I understand, the car wash was not compulsory. It was the player's choice whether or not to run through the linemen and some did not.

I don't know about running.

From what I understand, the car wash was not compulsory. It was the player's choice whether or not to run through the linemen and some did not.

I don't know about running.
You were there? Or choose to believe the singular statement most favorable to your position?

Consent not an option for minors.

Reactions: phatcat
You were there? Or choose to believe the singular statement most favorable to your position?

Consent not an option for minors.
The car wash was described in that article from The Athletic. It sounds like a gross ritual but some players chose to forego a shower rather than participate.

The car wash was described in that article from The Athletic. It sounds like a gross ritual but some players chose to forego a shower rather than participate.

Fitz shouldn’t have been fired, but I’m glad these sick rituals, voluntary or not, are put to an end. There’s no place for this shit anywhere. You don’t need to see or touch penises to bond. It’s just sick and its disgusting and embarrassing that this shit was happening.

Fitz shouldn’t have been fired, but I’m glad these sick rituals, voluntary or not, are put to an end. There’s no place for this shit anywhere. You don’t need to see or touch penises to bond. It’s just sick and its disgusting and embarrassing that this shit was happening.
I don't disagree. I'm just not sure I would describe the car-washers as felons as some are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT