ADVERTISEMENT

Johnson winning QB job isn't a foregone conclusion, says Fitz

Okay, you’re a troll. Makes sense now.
The new norm of ND fans coming onto NU's Rivals board to talk shit when we aren't even playing them this year...or even scheduled in the future...is a sign that things are working.

Reactions: DaCat
I really got the feeling that the Clemson coaches told him something like you're too good to ride bench your whole career. Let us help you move along. It would have been a tough conversation but I feel like it was one of integrity. They have no guarantee that their guy will not get injured.
That is a degree of altruism which I seriously doubt exists in FBS football. Frankly, they would have had no way to know that Hunter would "ride the bench his whole career". Like you said, injuries happen. Maybe Lawrence himself decides to transfer. Maybe Hunter beats him out. Stuff happens. Clemson would be foolish to start telling highly recruited players to leave.

Here's what I can tell you for sure. NDAFArly is an internet nut job spewing his make-it-up as he goes poison. He knows some things. About a 3rd of what he thinks. But when Rivals gave him some sort of job over at the Notre Dame site promoting their premium board, an already insane person just got worse. Not long ago I was on that board discussing Pyne's official visit to NU and my crystal ball for him to BC. NDAFArly made it ugly ... claiming I knew nothing ... and that he and his people had Pyne's detailed football itinerary. Which for sure involved nothing NU related. You know the type. None of it was true. It wasn't a fair fight. I kicked his ass with the facts.

I am not at all concerned about HJ's HS career. Or his choice of Clemson followed by NU. He's a great kid. He has boatloads of QB ability. Dabo loves him. Fitz loves him. He's ours and we love him. And he's in Evanston because he wants to compete on the field. Where it counts.

GOUNUII

Well that counts for something in my book as I trust your insights.

Voltaire's comment about the Holy Roman Empire - "[it] is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire" - excites a similar observation regarding ND football of recent vintage: it is neither Catholic, nor Irish, nor Independent.

Trading off its permanently vanquished legacy from the last millennium, ND squanders talent pillaged from neighboring states, divesting recruits of their potential via developmental neglect and leaving them wanting for any career prospects after graduation per academic de-emphasis.

It's gotta hurt that NU snared a highly touted QB from South Bend's exaggerated and distorted notion of what represents the outer reaches of its suburbia. Expect more to come.

Last edited:
Cool. So his 4 year HS career was wrong & his time at Clemson was wrong? LOL

So your people are telling you feel good stories? Cool.
Impressive season.
Beat 6-7 Purdue by 4.
Blown out at home by Duke.
Beat by Akron at home.
Beat 5 win Nebraska in OT.
Beat worse P5 program Rutgers by 3.
Beat horrible Illinois by one score.
Lose to the only 3 good teams played (two at home & one at neutral site) by an average of two TDS.
Yeah, major program...fool’s gold.
Hunter will crack. He always has unfortunately.

Yep, we had some ups and downs last year. However none like this pillar of society. I guess the next 40 years proposal for some at ND means something different than the NU proposal. 3 squares a day, no housing payment, free health insurance isn’t bad even when you are making license plates.

https://247sports.com/Article/Cierr...harge-child-death-Las-Vegas-police-131093850/

Here's what I can tell you for sure. NDAFArly is an internet nut job spewing his make-it-up as he goes poison. He knows some things. About a 3rd of what he thinks. But when Rivals gave him some sort of job over at the Notre Dame site promoting their premium board, an already insane person just got worse. Not long ago I was on that board discussing Pyne's official visit to NU and my crystal ball for him to BC. NDAFArly made it ugly ... claiming I knew nothing ... and that he and his people had Pyne's detailed football itinerary. Which for sure involved nothing NU related. You know the type. None of it was true. It wasn't a fair fight. I kicked his ass with the facts.

I am not at all concerned about HJ's HS career. Or his choice of Clemson followed by NU. He's a great kid. He has boatloads of QB ability. Dabo loves him. Fitz loves him. He's ours and we love him. And he's in Evanston because he wants to compete on the field. Where it counts.

GOUNUII
This is great

Voltaire's comment about the Holy Roman Empire - "[it] is neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire" - excites a similar observation regarding ND football of recent vintage: it is neither Catholic, nor Irish, nor Independent.

Trading off its permanently vanquished legacy from the last millennium, ND squanders talent pillaged from neighboring states, divesting recruits of their potential via developmental neglect and leaving them wanting for any career prospects after graduation per academic de-emphasis.

It's gotta hurt that NU snared a highly touted QB from South Bend's exaggerated and distorted notion of what represents the outer reaches of its suburbia. Expect more to come.
Man, this is a good post

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT