ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Rice- Preferred Walk-On

ricedp105

Feb 1, 2006
Hey guys,
I'm from the Auburn site, but just wanted to post here to pass along some news. My brother, Jonathan Rice, from Madison AL, has just committed to Northwestern for 2015. I have attached an article with Hudl highlights if you're interested.

Jonathan Rice

ricedp105,

Thanks for posting this. Your brother looks like a good one, and we're very happy to have him in Evanston. Go 'Cats!

Congrats to your family. We'll look forward to seeing Jonathan play.

Thanks for posting. We are excited to have Jonathan on board. Do you know if the coaches have spoken to Jonathan about a specific position? To me he looks like a potential fit as a super back which is what we call our split out TE position.

Sounds like they would like him at either an H-Back/TE role or slot receiver. He has good but not great speed(4.6), but excellent hands. Looks like I've got a new team to cheer for, which is funny considering we played against you guys in 09,haha. Go Cats!
Originally posted by corbi296:
Thanks for posting. We are excited to have Jonathan on board. Do you know if the coaches have spoken to Jonathan about a specific position? To me he looks like a potential fit as a super back which is what we call our split out TE position.

This post was edited on 1/29 8:53 AM by ricedp105

Welcome to the NU family. Any time we can get a J. Rice catching the ball, it's a good thing.

Originally posted by ricedp105:
Hey guys,
I'm from the Auburn site, but just wanted to post here to pass along some news. My brother, Jonathan Rice, from Madison AL, has just committed to Northwestern for 2015. I have attached an article with Hudl highlights if you're interested.
Glad to have him and welcome to the Football Family!

Would be interested in hearing more about how he got interested in Northwestern in the first place -- it's a long way from Huntsville, Alabama to the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Are there any ties to the school or simply the attraction of the education/football combination?

Welcome to NU and Evanston Jonathan!!! Looking forward to seeing you play!!!

Great stuff ricedp105...we look forward to having your brother at NU and we all wish him much success. A War Eagle to you for sending him our way!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT