ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathon Rice

Based on the highlights, my guess is we are projecting him as a superback. His highlights remind me a bit of Jayme Taylor's highlights in HS.

Appears quicker than Taylor. Actually he has good range. Particularly impressive was that he knew where the sticks were and ran solid routes. Didn't see him breaking many tackles though but he can get upfield.

Looks like another sucker who fell for the "new facilities" pitch.
laugh.r191677.gif

It's Jonathan with an 'a'

gocatsgo2003 posted on 1/29/2015...
Smells like a walk-on.

What's that supposed to mean other than to demean? This kid believes in himself enough to pay his own way through school so that he can play football as a member of the Wildcats. I love it when folks get always bogged down with silly classifications only to retain hardened convictions on even more meaningless classifications. He's a player with the same opportunity as any other recruit entering into next season. And to Jonathan and the other walk-ons who may be eyeballing this board, I say welcome and congratulations.

Re: It's Jonathan with an 'a'

My guess is that GCG did not mean that as a demeaning statement but rather as an assumption that he must be a walk-on because we have no more scholarships left. Either way, Rice looks like a great pickup and it's always nice to increase our footprint in the South.

Re: It's Jonathan with an 'a'

Originally posted by Cat In The Cradle:
gocatsgo2003 posted on 1/29/2015...

Smells like a walk-on.

What's that supposed to mean other than to demean? This kid believes in himself enough to pay his own way through school so that he can play football as a member of the Wildcats. I love it when folks get always bogged down with silly classifications only to retain hardened convictions on even more meaningless classifications. He's a player with the same opportunity as any other recruit entering into next season. And to Jonathan and the other walk-ons who may be eyeballing this board, I say welcome and congratulations.
Wasn't demeaning in the least. Walk-on's are a critical part of every program and their contributions are incredibly important for little-to-no recognition. Just saying that a kid popping up out of nowhere as a late commit after our scholarships were filled is most likely a walk-on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT