ADVERTISEMENT

JR PACE COMMITS TO NORTHWESTERN

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
And here's a first -- he's got a slick video to announce it.

Wow. Interesting video. Glad to see the academic component in it which reassures me he's not a SEC type player. Welcome J.R.!

This kid looks like he gets it -- he lives out excellence. A bit cocky, but I'm betting he has parents that will help keep him grounded. Great addition to the program. Welcome JR !

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Reactions: ubercat
I loved this video! Gonna be fun to see him take the field for the Cats.

I really love seeing him working out in a northwestern sweatsuit
Notice that he had a Duke t-shirt on before that, and then a Vandy shirt on during practice. Not coincidence, but glad he finished the video wearing purple! Welcome, J.R.!

I hope he gets to bed by 8:30! (3:30 is too early!)

Note: this is the third straight class with a player from metro Atlanta, following S/WR Reese and RB Jesse (hat tip to Corbi) Brown. This is a great thing. (Hartage is also GA, though the SE part of the state. Still a good thing.)

Prior to this run, the only ATL recruits in the Rivals database are RB Alex Daniel (08), WR Lee Coleman (05) and CB Deante Battle (03).

NU seems to have strong momentum in Houston, but not nearly as much in some of the other top areas (South Florida, Los Angeles). Establishing a consistent 1-2 per year from ATL would be a great thing.

Last edited:
I think you meant Jesse Brown. We did have a Very good RB from Georgia (not sure it was Atlanta) several years back. Can't remember his name but I think he dates back to the Walker era. I think his last name was also Brown. In any event, I am happy to see the progress we re making in Georgia. Very good football down there. I think we may get 1-2 more in this class from Georgia. Is Springer the main recruiter in that state?

Last edited:
I think you meant Jesse Brown. We did have a Very good RB from Georgia (not sure it was Atlanta) several years back. Can't remember his name but I think he dates back to the Walker era. I think his last name was also Brown. In any event, I am happy to see the progress we re making in Georgia. Very good football down there. I think we may get 1-2 more in this class from Georgia. Is Springer the main recruiter in that state?

No, Marty Long covers Georgia.

I think Terrell Jordan is the Georgia RB you're thinking about. He was recruited by Walker and his last year was Fitz's first.

A couple of points here. The first is as a 32 year TV veteran, the video is extremely well done. If this was his creation and he had no help writing or producing it, he is waaaaay ahead of the curve. The scripted track is well written and the video is engaging not to mention very well done.
I'm not crazy about his mantra "The Franchise" because he hasn't played one down of college ball yet. On the other hand though, as a former D1 college athlete, if he isn't all that, he'll find out real fast.
For most athletes the hardest jump to make is from high school to college. For me it was contending with defensemen who could stop me cold instead of blowing right past them. Looking at this kid I would think though that he would just make him more determined to "adapt and overcome!"
His work ethic is very easy to see and it's clear that he is focused on academics. His teammates will definitely remind him early and often about his moniker that is for sure.
I like his moxie and I hope that he is indeed "The Franchise!"

Reactions: iskaboo
Well... we got our version of a hat dancer! At least it was creative.

that was ok until the end, then it was too much self-love.

Presuming he doesn't 'flip' to another school, I predict you won't hear "franchise" much once he gets here. Anthony Walker (if he is not yet drafted), will tattoo franchise on his forehead in the first full contact practice.

Somebody needs to remind the kid to point at the front of the jersey, not the back.
Eh... NU has the team concept down pretty well. What we need is continued improvement of the individuals that make up that team. I have no problem with a player pointing to both the front and the back.

that was ok until the end, then it was too much self-love.

Presuming he doesn't 'flip' to another school, I predict you won't hear "franchise" much once he gets here. Anthony Walker (if he is not yet drafted), will tattoo franchise on his forehead in the first full contact practice.

Ant will be in the league before the kid gets to campus.

This video is awesome. Love the nickname. Love the swagger. Love the excitement about coming to Chicago, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT