ADVERTISEMENT

KAFKA is a GIANT

Looking like Mike Kafka is set to be the New York Giants OC. Guess it pays better than OC in Evanston.
Well, if he rescues Daniel Jones, he will be a head coaching candidate in no time. On the one hand, I'm excited for him and this new opportunity. On the other hand, I feel like he's walking into a giant mess of an organization.

Well, if he rescues Daniel Jones, he will be a head coaching candidate in no time. On the one hand, I'm excited for him and this new opportunity. On the other hand, I feel like he's walking into a giant mess of an organization.
Happy for him to finally be an OC, but the Giants are a dumpster fire and have been for years. Daniel Jones has not looked like a NFL QB, and they tend to fire head coaches very quickly.

So high risk, high reward. Their offense certainly needs a metamorphosis.

Reactions: AdamOnFirst
I thought the Giants were an up and coming team two years ago, but I had no idea how much of a leadership mess they were. I am glad Katka has an opportunity, but this one scares me.

One day, upon awakening from dreams of the Bengals, Mike Kafka awakened in his bed to find himself transformed into the Giant's OC.

Wonderful.

One day, upon awakening from dreams of the Bengals, Mike Kafka awakened in his bed to find himself transformed into the Giant's OC.

Wonderful.
I recall my translation being “to discover himself a…” , which I find more powerful. Fewer words. Hemingway.

The Giants overdrafted Saquon Barkley and then broke him. It’s a shame.

I recall my translation being “to discover himself a…” , which I find more powerful. Fewer words. Hemingway.

The Giants overdrafted Saquon Barkley and then broke him. It’s a shame.
I'll try to do better in my German to English literary translation for a message board game next time it comes up.

Reactions: NUCat320
It's cool to see Kafka doing so well in the NFL coaching ranks - always remember him being a tough, gritty, and resilient player for us.

Some credit certainly due to McCall for the humble beginnings...

It's cool to see Kafka doing so well in the NFL coaching ranks - always remember him being a tough, gritty, and resilient player for us.

Way back in the day when we ran a system McCall was highly proficient in coaching QBs to play well in.

And yet, curious that neither Kafka or Persa seem to credit McCall with their development as QBs.

Hopefully Thorson will benefit from his tutelage as well

McCall had 5 yrs with Thorson and he was still a major project.

Daboll runs a different scheme, so it'll be interesting to see if Kafka handles the play-calling in the 1st season out.

It'll be ironic if EB final gets his chance to be a HC as Kafka was the Chiefs' waiting-in-the-wings OC for the past couple of yrs, but think the change in scenery and getting exposure to a different playbook will be of benefit to Kafka.

Plus, don't think Reid will be coaching for more than several more years and when he hangs it up, wouldn't be surprised if KC comes a calling (as long as Kafka is experiencing some level of success with the NYG - which should come if they can fix their O-line).

Last edited:
It would have been great if the Bears had hired Kafka as OC but they are probably doomed to perpetual mediocrity as long as McCaskey is in charge

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT