ADVERTISEMENT

Keep the Pedal to the Metal!!!!!

drewjin

Nov 27, 2017
All NU/Purdue match-ups, no matter the sport, no matter the outcome are bittersweet for me, as I'm a fan of both teams, That said, congrats to the Cats on an excellent game! I remember when there were 11 games left in the season, there was a thread asking how many wins will it take (presumably to get into the NCAA tournament). Seeing what I saw from this team, I thought we should aim higher and said 11 with the caveat that the Covid Crunch (6 games in 13 days) might throw a wrench in that prognosis. It is now 8 games later and we are 6 and 2!!! Beating Purdue was certainly a great achievement, but we could be looking at something much bigger! I think and hope we might be on the cusp of something approaching a Gary Barnett-type year! We control our own destiny as far as second place is concerned, and in the unfortunate event that my Boillers would drop a couple of games, I would hope it would be my Cats to be there to take the B1G crown. Celebrate tonight, but come tomorrow, let's get laser-focused on the resurgent Hoosiers, with whom we share second place! Again, congrats to CCC, the players and staff!!!

I was glad to hear CC in that mindset on the radio postgame. It was very much a theme of celebrate tonight but be ready for business tomorrow. There's still work to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT