ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky bites the dust!!!!!!!!

After the SEC's 1-3 performance on the 1st day, especially where they were seed to win all 4, SEC Commissioner Sankey is taking heat for statements for suggesting that the automatic qualifiers for mid-majors may need to be taken away:

Reactions: NUCat320
Kentucky was the first big name to get eliminated 80-76 in the NCAA basketball tourney by little Oakland University from Rochester MI!!!
OU is down the road from us, my wife works there, my son is friends with some of the starters, and we couldn't more excited for these guys. The senior leadership on this team is tremendous. Gohlke's performance was the result of a coach who told him all year he'd pull him if he didn't take every shot possible and let him have bad games.

I have no idea why they pay Calipari so much, just not a very good coach, and it showed again last night (2-8 last 10 sec/ncaa tourney games, favored in all).

And he has a $33 million buy-out so they can't sack him........
Don’t worry… he’s “mulling changes” after UK’s latest first round exit (LOL).

This thread gives me fond memories of the Music City Bowl! Aside from the terrible memory of Thorson tearing his ACL.

Reactions: rrdd2021
I have no idea why they pay Calipari so much, just not a very good coach, and it showed again last night (2-8 last 10 sec/ncaa tourney games, favored in all).
He’s past his prime, no doubt. And it’s tough to win when you’re hoping a new crop of freshman have the talent to ride out the early season and the teamwork to win tight games by March. They haven’t done that for a long time.

I just counted, but now I can’t recall if it was 7 or 8 freshmen on the roster. You just never know who is truly ready and who is just an athlete when these guys are given their top 20 rankings.

These little conferences scratch and struggle for every little ray of sunshine they can get....so just great when you see something like this...Good for Oakland and the Horizon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT