ADVERTISEMENT

Kinda off topic, Shannon Files Against Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the girl in question was your daughter I am sure you would not take the time to come to a board of another team to post such moronic opinions.
The worst part is Underwood has a young 20s daughter… and still doesn’t care. Tells you all you need to know about his character.

Reactions: IGNORE2 and 2388bb

“Johnnie, you ****ing suck.”
Oh yeah. His life was so terrible. He got over recruited and somehow still played CBB and got a degree thanks to his exposure of getting over recruited…

He charged with rape after a multi-month investigation. Sorry his draft stock is going down but actions have consequences. Maybe he’ll get off on a technicality but there’s clearly enough smoke to charge. There’s no way he should be playing basketball. Go to class, yeah. Hoops, no.
Go to class? I know you must be kidding. How many of us have a job where we can be charged with rape and keep the job like nothing happened until the court proceedings conclude?

Reactions: IGNORE2
If this was Buie rather than Shannon I'd lay $1000 that all of you would be defending his right to "innocent until proven guilty", and thus the right to play until the case is settled in court. Other than a lot of questionable circumstances surrounding this case, and the fact it took the DA 3 months+ to level charges, no one but the two people involved know what actually happened or didn't happen. Let's give them their day in court, and presumed innocence of the accused until found guilty or not. You and I would hope for the same for any Wildcat athlete or coach.
You would owe me $1000. We can say want we want about NU but I highly doubt he would be playing here anymore.

You would owe me $1000. We can say want we want about NU but I highly doubt he would be playing here anymore.
I know of a kid who got suspended for a year by NU for out-of-state criminal misbehavior while intoxicated. Not a university-related activity. Almost expelled, but family fought it and settled for a one year suspension.

He was suspended immediately and worked out a plea deal with civil authorities a couple months later.

Of course he wasn't a special athlete... so no special treatment, but NU wouldn't let Shannon play.

You can be certain of that. I mean 100% certain.

Doesn't shock me that many Illinois fans can't figure that out.

"Illinois fans are in general very low class people.". That's beyond the pale. Anyone who makes a blanket statement like that needs to look in the mirror.
I’ve unfortunately had to deal with them over the year at sporting events and they’re all crude. Absolutely zero class. My sample size is large enough to make this judgement. And I’ve never had any issues with other fan bases except Notre Dame a-holes. So yeah… I stand by what I said.

Bracing for what the students may do next week. In the late 80s when the Illini came into WRA ranked #1, the students were brutal toward Kenny Battle. It was embarrassing.
I remember that game! It was hilarious to see the dorks in the Northwestern student section immediately silenced when Kenny pulled a 360 dunk and then chuckled.

Camera zoomed in on the dorks as they were thinking, “eeehhhhhhh…..why can’t any of our guys do that?!?”

Reactions: rosehen
I remember that game! It was hilarious to see the dorks in the Northwestern student section immediately silenced when Kenny pulled a 360 dunk and then chuckled.

Dorks were like, “eeehhhhhhh…..why can’t any of our guys do that?!?”
Because Northwestern has never taken minimum qualifiers and has actual standards. Not that hard to figure out. The pool Illinois recruits from NU can maybe get 20% of those and that’s likely on the high side.

• Haha
Reactions: all4theillini
Because Northwestern has never taken minimum qualifiers and has actual standards. Not that hard to figure out. The pool Illinois recruits from NU can maybe get 20% of those and that’s likely on the high side.
I give you Marcus Liberty's ACT score...

What a glorious time to be alive.

Surprised that’s the guy the dorks chose to piss off. Probably not Nick Anderson either.

I’ve unfortunately had to deal with them over the year at sporting events and they’re all crude. Absolutely zero class. My sample size is large enough to make this judgement. And I’ve never had any issues with other fan bases except Notre Dame a-holes. So yeah… I stand by what I said.
They are a weird bunch of central IL buffoons and Arlington Heights I am better than you. Which is weird.

• Haha
LOL. He doesn’t have to play him. They won’t be looking at a minute count and then arresting Underwood. Give me a break.
Uh, he does. Judgement bars them from suspending him without due process. Underwood and the AD want him suspended but their hands are tied.

Uh, he does. Judgement bars them from suspending him without due process. Underwood and the AD want him suspended but their hands are tied.
Is that why they didn’t suspended him while he was under investigation for a serious felony? Capppppppppp. Underwood and Whitman are clowns.

• Haha
Is that why they didn’t suspended him while he was under investigation for a serious felony? Capppppppppp. Underwood and Whitman are clowns.
Alright, Ace. I’m hitting the sack because I’ve got to get my son up for an early morning hoops tourney.

I’m sure your innards are doing flips as you wonder how you can best portray yourself as the virtue signaling knight in armor when it comes to TSJ.
Not “innocent until proven guilty” but, instead, some strange wish/feeling northwestern has a chance at winning the B1G if he’s found guilty. Either way, the truth will come out and Northwestern isn’t winning the B1G. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Me? I’ll dream of three things tonight:

A fun day of youth hoops tomorrow.
Dorks next Wednesday trying to get the best of TSJ like they did many years ago with Kenny.

and…

143-44.

Underwood and Whitman aren’t involved in handling sex crimes. The university has a policy in place that deliberately takes it out of the hands of the athletic department so that they can’t let their bias influence it.

You know, that way the AD and Coach can’t try to sweep a sexual harassment scandal under the rug with a Friday news dump.

Alright, Ace. I’m hitting the sack because I’ve got to get my son up for an early morning hoops tourney.

I’m sure your innards are doing flips as you wonder how you can best portray yourself as the virtue signaling knight in armor when it comes to TSJ.
Not “innocent until proven guilty” but, instead, some strange wish/feeling northwestern has a chance at winning the B1G if he’s found guilty. Either way, the truth will come out and Northwestern isn’t winning the B1G. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Me? I’ll dream of three things tonight:

A fun day of youth hoops tomorrow.
Dorks next Wednesday trying to get the best of TSJ like they did many years ago with Kenny.

and…

143-44.
Nice troll, give you some props. Extra credit for use of “innards” instead of ***** like most of brilliant brethren. Ace reference top notch, second only to Sparky. Keep on cheering for your guy, the courts may side with your guy. Read the complaint, I am sure it is all hogwash. Accuser is a very imaginative woman. Keep those wins coming. Ole Red Ass may get that B1G title after all. Hell, why stop there, might as well get the Natty. Win, win win and then get all puffy chested in your orange and blue striped overalls at the moose lodges buffet. Not much else in Rantoul.

No thank you!

Reactions: Gladeskat
Law dictates that he’s innocence till proven guilty but playing for a NCAA program is not a right

My understanding is that the school, program, or coach has ability to keep him away from basketball activities if they believe it would hurt him, team, program, or school

He can make a civil case that their actions potentially hurt his future earnings. Guessing that school could try to do the same to him but as he likely has limited pockets, wouldn’t other than to leverage other party to drop case
Actually the judge ruled in Shannon's case he does have a right to play and a property interest protected by the 14th amendment. A lesser player not earning NIL or having significant draft prospects probably wouldn't have received the same result.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Actually the judge ruled in Shannon's case he does have a right to play and a property interest protected by the 14th amendment. A lesser player not earning NIL or having significant draft prospects probably wouldn't have received the same result.
Signs of intelligent life among the Illini trolls

• Haha
Reactions: Baz=Heisman
Nice troll, give you some props. Extra credit for use of “innards” instead of ***** like most of brilliant brethren. Ace reference top notch, second only to Sparky. Keep on cheering for your guy, the courts may side with your guy. Read the complaint, I am sure it is all hogwash. Accuser is a very imaginative woman. Keep those wins coming. Ole Red Ass may get that B1G title after all. Hell, why stop there, might as well get the Natty. Win, win win and then get all puffy chested in your orange and blue striped overalls at the moose lodges buffet. Not much else in Rantoul.

No thank you!
Personally I also like the laughing reaction as a “like”. Nothing proves more you’re confident in an argument than an LOL response. Nothing expresses better how cool, as opposed to “dorks”, you are like laughing.

One is criminal and one is civil. Even a **** **** like you should get that.
Correct. And we handled our criminal matter by suspending him the minute charges were filed. If not for a federal judge’s order, he’s still be suspended. If it was up to the coach, AD, or university, he’d still be suspended. But they’re not violating a TRO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT