ADVERTISEMENT

Las Vegas Bowl Takeaways: Northwestern 14, Utah 7

It also was great exposure for us. It didn't dawn on me until Albrecht mentioned it on post game. With NFL on streaming we were It for conventional TV on a Saturday night. In Chicago it was on ABC (might have been ESPN in other markets)

Reactions: rmndcat and zeek55
I am so utterly grateful to the 'Cat coaching staff, the medical & training staff, the sports performance staff, the educational assistance staff, the players' family & friends and most of all the players themselves. Everyone involved with the Wildcat Football Program exemplified the true meaning of HC David B.'s fundamental coaching mantra: that there is a world of difference between a warrior and a mercenary. And that difference was on display for everyone to witness first-hand yesterday evening, from the opening whistle to the final gun. And to think that this whole passion play was broadcast by nationally syndicated outlets to a national prime-time audience of college football fans across the USA. You be hard pressed to replicate and/or surpass such a fantastic advertising platform than that. If there be any High School student athlete who aspires to play his sport at the highest level within the college ranks while getting a world class education that will set his/her personal future as a successful, productive citizen and family person upon graduation, that athlete couldn't do any better than to commit to the Northwestern University Football Program under the mentorship if David Braun. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

In the fabled words of Charles Dickens: "God Bless Us, Every One!"

I love it. But - I strongly prefer a 2 score lead. All those missed opportunities were worrisome, especially when we stalled and they scored.
I too love the rock fight games - after we win. During the games they drive me nuts especially if it’s only a rock fight because we left points on the field. It should have been 17-0 at halftime. I don’t fault Olsen for missing a 51 yarder but he should have made the 40 yarder to end the half.

Reactions: rmndcat
It was interesting to me that Utah (a) had so many players in the portal and (b) allowed them to play. Their starting QB was one of them. Not taking anything away from the Cats ... but that had to be a distraction for Utah. I believe our portal players did not play, right?

It was interesting to me that Utah (a) had so many players in the portal and (b) allowed them to play. Their starting QB was one of them. Not taking anything away from the Cats ... but that had to be a distraction for Utah. I believe our portal players did not play, right?
They really had no choice. Their backup QB had almost no experience

Reactions: PlowKing2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT