ADVERTISEMENT

Lausch had almost 2x passing yards as Michigan QBs

The one thing about Michigan the past couple of years is that it's been run like a program that understands exactly what it is and what players it has; their OL is great at run blocking and they have great RBs; that's their core strength.

Part of why I was critical of the Duke gameplan is that we know Porter's our best offensive option by a fair distance. Giving him 20-25 touches per game when he's healthy should be our playbook.

It's okay to lose if you're playing to your team's strengths and get beaten by a better opponent. It's bad to lose by a small margin when you're getting away from that and leave a lot on the table.

Go back to Michigan-Penn State last year and they won that game the same way. They ran 32 straight running plays. That's knowing the strength of your team.

Michigan was not very good in the second half. Mullins and Edwards to the lesser degree were enough to pull out a win, but the win was a gift. A pick 6 killed USC. They had Michigan completely on the ropes and gave up a 63 yard run where they missed two tackles on a 4th and 1 late in the game. The Michigan QB’s are not good at all. Michigans team is NU on steroids. Similar strengths and weaknesses. The difference is 4 star talent versus our talent.

Michigan was not very good in the second half. Mullins and Edwards to the lesser degree were enough to pull out a win, but the win was a gift. A pick 6 killed USC. They had Michigan completely on the ropes and gave up a 63 yard run where they missed two tackles on a 4th and 1 late in the game. The Michigan QB’s are not good at all. Michigans team is NU on steroids. Similar strengths and weaknesses. The difference is 4 star talent versus our talent.
I watched a lot of the UM-USC game and I agree. Mullings is a big bruising converted linebacker. I thought of our own Cullen Coleman when I saw him play, With Tyus gone, we could use a big short yardage runner.

Reactions: zeek55
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT