ADVERTISEMENT

Let the QB speculation intensify!

Think he will earn a schlorship then?

If you are a starter or on the 2-deep as a walk-on, for whatever the reason, you are pretty much going to get a schollie

Edit: to add "and play significant minutes" - e.g., Almasri was on a lot of 2-deeps but rarely saw the field outside of ST so likely wouldn't get a schollie.

Last edited:
If you are a starter or on the 2-deep as a walk-on, for whatever the reason, you are pretty much going to get a schollie.

Thanks to someone a while back posting about ex-Cat Matt Stewart's book, Walk On, I must have hinted about wanting to read it. As a result, a copy of the book arrived as a recent birthday gift.

It well describes how Matt came to Evanston in '93 as a completely unheralded walk-on from Nebraska, and his progression to being offered a full ride from Coach Barnett. It wasn't easy but he ultimately achieved 2-deep standing and lettered in his senior year.

I commend the book for its personal perspective on the storied teams that went to the Rose and Citrus Bowls.

Reactions: Gladeskat
If you are a starter or on the 2-deep as a walk-on, for whatever the reason, you are pretty much going to get a schollie

Edit: to add "and play significant minutes" - e.g., Almasri was on a lot of 2-deeps but rarely saw the field outside of ST so likely wouldn't get a schollie.

Didn't the kid start a game because we were down to our 7th string CB?

Didn't the kid start a game because we were down to our 7th string CB?

Don’t think you are exaggerating when you say he was 7th string.

He did play some in the second half of an early game due to injury and ejections (duke or Nevada I believe). While he was listed on the 2-deep a lot, that was literally because we only had three healthy corners. Quiero took snaps at cb over him (with McGee coming in at safety) when needed. He did do a nice job on special teams (with one bad mistake) but probably not scholly worthy.

Why? They play NCAA football, right? They play , using the same NCAA rules , right? They are allowed to give the same amount of scholarships, right? They are allowed the same amount of coaches, right? So why shouldn't NU be expected top compete and recruit against them?

You're funny.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT