ADVERTISEMENT

Lightning strikes twice as NU upsets No. 1 Purdue in OT

I feel that this Purdue team is better put together than last years, This victory was in some ways even more impressive than last years
I think this one is a better win. Last year we basically trailed the whole game and looked like the inferior team, then Audige went nuclear for a couple minutes. It felt a little fluky to me even though I enjoyed it immensely. Tonight we went toe to toe with them in the second half and OT and looked like we belonged with them. This one felt more earned to me.

That was a fantastic game. I was watching the end from bed and couldn't fall asleep for like an hour after it was done.

Reactions: drewjin and phatcat
Does this mean that we will be ranked??

No doubt. We’ve got a bunch of real cupcakes lined up until January. Some of the worst teams in the country are on the slate. A very average ASU team looks to be our toughest completion. We should be 11-1 heading into the IU game. The next stretch should also be a great opportunity for guys like Hunger and Clayton to refine their games.

I believe that nu athletics has some serious good karma built up after all the tragic bull crap from last summer. Not sure what others think, but I believe in this sort of thing. All the negativity...all the piling on and haymakers beating us/nu while we were hurting already and trying to survive in a fetal position. Now we are emerging from the disasters of last summer. Football bowling. Basketball another huge win- I hope we have our best season ever!! Field hockey almost national champs...etc etc.... true character and courage/valor in the face of hardship! Real leaders have and will hopefully continue to emerge. Coaches and players

I believe that nu athletics has some serious good karma built up after all the tragic bull crap from last summer. Not sure what others think, but I believe in this sort of thing. All the negativity...all the piling on and haymakers beating us/nu while we were hurting already and trying to survive in a fetal position. Now we are emerging from the disasters of last summer. Football bowling. Basketball another huge win- I hope we have our best season ever!! Field hockey almost national champs...etc etc.... true character and courage/valor in the face of hardship! Real leaders have and will hopefully continue to emerge. Coaches and players

Only karma I’m interested in is the one that has Gragg and Schill losing their jobs.

"Purdue's supporting cast once again wilted around the decorated big man. The last field goal from a player other than Edey came from Mason Gillis, with 1:41 left in the second half, on a second-chance opportunity."

That's crazy, yo.

"Purdue's supporting cast once again wilted around the decorated big man. The last field goal from a player other than Edey came from Mason Gillis, with 1:41 left in the second half, on a second-chance opportunity."

That's crazy, yo.
That’s actually not true though. Loyer hit a 3 early on in OT.

The overall point still rings too though.

That's crazy, yo.
As Collins intimated, Edey is the most unique player in the game and nearly impossible to defend. I don’t blame Purdue for relying on him so much. But without him, Purdue is Kendall Jackson Chardonnay : good enough for a block party, but don’t serve it on a date.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT